Prada light nylon - colour transfer?

cf96

Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys, this is my first time posting in the Prada forum (actually my first time creating a thread on here ever lol) so hopefully I’m doing this right!

I have basically been trying to talk myself out of buying the Prada Re-edition 2005 for the past year but I don’t think I can resist any longer. I wish I’d bit the bullet before they yanked up the prices and it was £200 cheaper but c’est la vie:lol:

I initially really wanted the black but as we come into spring/summer I’m toying with the idea of getting white or cameo beige (in the nylon). I’m just wondering if anyone that has them in these colours has noticed any colour transfer? I wear a lot of dark denim and a lot of black and I’m just worried that colour transfer would be an issue as I can’t use a protectant spray like I could on a leather bag. I’ve already made the mistake of ruining a bag with my jeans (rip Gucci marmont) and I’m hyper paranoid about it now, but I don’t want to have to baby the bag or worry about it, I want it to be an every day workhorse.

thanks sooo much in advance for your help! I’d love to hear whether people regret their 2005 re-edition bag purchase or whether they still think it’s a good buy! :smile::heart:

Minnie24

O.G.
Jul 17, 2010
London
I'd also be interested to hear people's experiences with the cameo beige nylon as I'm torn between this colour and black! Can anyone who has one share their thoughts?

poopsie

How Sentimental
O.G.
Jan 14, 2009
Where the wild things are
why take the chance?
Over the years I have seen many threads in various forums about color transfer. What I have gleaned is that there is no universal formula for predicting it. I haven't worn 'real' jeans in ages so I can't speak to their 'modern day' properties. Do they not become color-fast after a few washings or does the dye continue to come out? Are some brands more color-fast than others? If that is the case, perhaps the question should be which brand of jeans are less prone to transfer, not the purse.
In any case I have a varied collection of Prada nylon bags. They are all older and none of them are light. I have seen many light nylon bags in the secondary market and they all have dirty corners, etc.