Prada Hawaii price decrease from Joanna!

Hi ladies, just to check with those who ordered from her from Singapore, has your packages incurred 7% GST while entering the country?

So long as purchases exceed SGD400, you must pay GST. Legally you must declare the full and actual value of all merchandise shipped into the country. My brother had bad luck carrying the LV paperbag with its contents from U.K and was spotted by officers stationed at Changi Airport. She asked him to declare the amount and he has to pay for GST. So be smart, store your 'trophies' in your luggage if possible.

Hi ladies,

I'm wrapping up a purchase with a different SA from a Prada Hawaii location. She said that they did receive notice that bag prices will increase in January. I'm not sure if this price increase is for all bags or just for the bags that had a price decrease, but from the tone of the conversation, December just seemed like the perfect time to buy from Prada Hawaii (if you're in the market for a new Prada bag), especially because Prada Hawaii will start charging sales tax for out-of-state purchases next February! (i know, bad news!!!). If this is old news, forgive me. I've been out of the loop for a while. This sales tax thing sucks.

Hi ladies,

I'm wrapping up a purchase with a different SA from a Prada Hawaii location. She said that they did receive notice that bag prices will increase in January. I'm not sure if this price increase is for all bags or just for the bags that had a price decrease, but from the tone of the conversation, December just seemed like the perfect time to buy from Prada Hawaii (if you're in the market for a new Prada bag), especially because Prada Hawaii will start charging sales tax for out-of-state purchases next February! (i know, bad news!!!). If this is old news, forgive me. I've been out of the loop for a while. This sales tax thing sucks.

great detective work! I am glad that I am wait listed for a Gaufre...

really? they r gonna start charging tax?! that sucks.. what % is tax in HI?

I second that Marose - awesome detective work!! Thankfully I'm waitlisted for the gaufre too. Too bad I don't have extra funds to purchase another bag before the price increase!

I asked Joanna about gaufre wallets as well but haven't heard back so I'm assuming they didn't get a decrease as well.

charmosa, I just ordered a gaufre wallet from Joanna @ USD495. I'm not sure if the price was reduced.

Does anyone know why Hawaii is able to offer such good discounts? My colleagues tell me horror stories that the bags has quality issues that's why the prices are reduced. I just ignore them and refuted that Prada will not damage their reputation that way.

Last edited:
Hawaii Prada prices aren't "discounted" in that sense. They are the retail prices set by Prada Corporate. For some strange reason, Prada Corporate doesn't consider Hawaii as part of the US but part of their Asian market and the prices end up being less than the US prices.

I've ordered from Joanna several times and have been more than happy with my purchases.

I know...such a pleasant surprise! I was delighted to learn about the massive price drop for nappa gaufre, which I thought never went on sale. And such an unexpected move amidst all the price increase by other brands such as LV and Chanel. GREAT time to order a new Prada! :yahoo:

so I wonder if that is going to happen to all Prada/Miu Miu stores to charge taxes.
BC all Prada/MM stores only charge taxes if there is a boutiques in that state right?

this sucks