Prada Double Medium (Prada Structured Bucket Bag) - Help please!

Dolly Garland

Sep 11, 2018
Hi All,

So I've been eyeing this bag for about 4 months now, ever since I happened to just see it in Selfridges. It's gorgeous, and as far as bucket bags go, more suited to my style than more loose bucket bags. But I haven't yet found any reviews on it, except for Purse Blog's post.

Does anyone have it? Or have you found any reviews? What do you think? This would be my first Prada bag, and generally, my bags are well-researched so I feel hesitant about pulling the trigger without having more information at hand. Thank you :smile:

cq5dam.web.white.580x580.jpeg

cq5dam.web.white.580x580.jpeg

I have a Double Saffiano in blue with red lining and I love it. It’s a bit wider than the Double Medium. I use both the top handle and the longer strap depending on what I’m doing. Super easy to dress up or wear with casual clothes. The compartments are large, and I bought some cosmetic bags to keep my things in so everything doesn’t go flying out if I hit the brakes in my car a bit hard. I was worried about it not having a zipper, but it’s deep enough and has a magnetic clasp that will draw the sides in when needed. It’s become my daily bag.

Reactions: Dolly Garland
I have a Double Saffiano in blue with red lining and I love it. It’s a bit wider than the Double Medium. I use both the top handle and the longer strap depending on what I’m doing. Super easy to dress up or wear with casual clothes. The compartments are large, and I bought some cosmetic bags to keep my things in so everything doesn’t go flying out if I hit the brakes in my car a bit hard. I was worried about it not having a zipper, but it’s deep enough and has a magnetic clasp that will draw the sides in when needed. It’s become my daily bag.
Does it also have the magnetic closure like the bucket bag? If so, how does it hold up?

I just bought the double bucket bag in black. It was my first “big” (over $1000) purchase in a handbag. I have a very casual style and I really pondered my purchase. That said, I love it! I was worried about the closure and it not being secure enough but it’s deep enough that it’s not an issue. I keep my wallet on the bottom closest to me. It has just the right casual/chic understated look I wanted.