Prada deerskin leather care

mafiamom

O.G.
May 11, 2008
I recently bought a light colored deerskin Prada bag and would like to know if there is anything that I can condition or spray the bag with to prevent color transfers. I have never bought a Prada bag or really bought light leather bags before, and would really appreciate any comments.
TIA:biggrin:

The next time I go to Saks I'm going to try to remember to ask a SA about that. Actually I just posted a pic of a cervo lux and I read the about the issues with those and I think possibly if I do some prevented care it will not peel. ^^Funny about mentioning fingernails, I purposely keep mine short for #1 I can type better and #2 not to scratch up my wallets and bags.

^^ that would be great if you can get some tips from the SA.

I wanted to treat it with leather lotion but decided against it since the lotion has a strong scent. I'd hate to cover up the yummy Prada leather smell.

Hey I have 3 deerskin bags and treat them all with Collonil products - First with the waterstop spray and them with the ultra cream in neutral

Works a treat

Note however that after the spray and even the cream application the bag doesn't feel so good, it takes time to penetrate but when is all buffed up it is perfect even removes minor scratches and reduces the appearence of large marks

First of all I found this slightly older thread by searching for a whole community on deerskin, if it would exist, because I love it so.. Haha.

Anyway, 1st of all don't put anything on deerskin that has ANY oils in it. It will darken the leather.

Secondly, there is no need to treat for water, deerskin does just fine in water.

Third. I read that there is really no need to treat deerskin with anything.

I DO know that it stays just as soft for at least years. I've had the same deerskin for about 2 and it feels the same as when I got it.

(It's actually a hide that I haven't finished using (sewing with) yet, don't actually have a Prada in it or anything. Just saying cos that sounded weird.)

Thank you Designer Ella!! You have just answered my water stain question! I am on a quest now to find a saddle colored Prada Hobo in Deerskin for a miraculous price. May the force be with me!

I treat mine with the Silk Serum from Lovinmybags every now and then just to help maintain the moisture level of the leather. It works great thus far.

^^I did go to Saks and talk to a SA about leather care. I actually carried my Prada python print lux tote and asked her about issues with it peeling and etc., she said she never heard of that and she said I should'nt treat it with anything. So I asked about rain preventive care she said just to treat it with some rain guard, she was of NO help. Possibly if it was a Prada free standing boutique that only deals with Prada I might get a real answer.

If I recall correctly, I think PP had mentioned that deerskin is one of the tougher skins around. It's the treatments that sometimes don't wear well; the cervo lux being one of the more notorious ones.