Prada Daino leather in Peonia

Dec 11, 2011
Hey everyone,
I am considering purchasing a Prada Daino leather purse in peonia pink. I've searched high and low for information about Daino and color transfer but haven't really found anything! What can you tell me about Daino leather in terms of durability and color transfer? Peonia doesn't really seem light nor dark so I am not sure if other colors like dark jeans will rub off onto it? Any information will be super helpful!
Thank you and happy holidays!! :smile:

Dec 11, 2011
I recently bought my first daino tote and I love it! IMO it doesnt need the babying like my saffianos. The leather is soft and looks durable. I cant comment on color transfer since i have the nero.
thanks for the input! That's interesting how you find the daino more durable than the saffiano. I have a saffiano tote and I find that the leather is quite durable due to the treatment process! Hopefully the daino will hold up even better! Now to await news on color transfer… :P

justinhas

Jan 13, 2014

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Do you ladies and gents know which model this prada daino is or from what season?

http://le-21eme.com/suzanne-diaz-new-york-city/

The closest thing I could find to this was this one: http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/Prada-Daino-Pebbled-Leather-Tote-Bag-Nero/prod82150118_cat268711__/p.prod

I like the one in the first picture better though, because it has buttons on the sides and a zipper on top.
Thanks so much in advance!

This is the same bag the girl in the photo is holding. It's not daino, it's saffiano.
Prada Saffiano Large Executive Tote Bag, Black - Bergdorf Goodman

Edit note: If the link isn't working, here's the description and BG stock number:
Prada

Saffiano Large Executive Tote Bag, Black

$2,500.00

BGF14_V1NBX

Last edited:

Prada Psycho

Authenticator
O.G.
Jul 21, 2006
Hey everyone,
I am considering purchasing a Prada Daino leather purse in peonia pink. I've searched high and low for information about Daino and color transfer but haven't really found anything! What can you tell me about Daino leather in terms of durability and color transfer? Peonia doesn't really seem light nor dark so I am not sure if other colors like dark jeans will rub off onto it? Any information will be super helpful!
Thank you and happy holidays!! :smile:

Any of the light color Prada bags will have color transfer issues. If you want to go with the pink color, stick with a shoulder bag. This is assuming you aren't wearing a dark denim shirt/top, otherwise you'll get color transfer if you go with a handheld bag or messenger style that will rub against your jeans.

Prada's old deerskin/daino was practically indestructible. The newer bags don't seem so sturdy, but Prada's not getting any of my hard earned money on it's new bags so I can't speak to the durability issue.