Prada calf versus deerskin

lpsimer

baggeek
O.G.
Nov 27, 2006
I'm looking at the Vitello Daino Pocket tote at Neimans and Saks. I've seen one in Calf leather and one in deerskin. The salesperson didn't really have much insight into which one will hold up better, so I'm asking you guys, the experts. If anyone has one of these especially in the metallic colors, let me know how they are holding up! If you have one of the other Prada deerskin bags, let me know how those do as well!

Thanks so much!

i have the latest prada deer skin in ribes you do have to take care of deer skin more than calf skin so if you r looking for every day bag then i guess you r better of with calf skin just my humble opinion

I've read that deer skin despite being supple is in fact one of the most durable leather, so I guess it should hold up very well with gentle use. The glazed deer skin (cervo lux) is more delicate though...I've got a new bag in this material and am still 'learning' how best to take care of it so the sheen does not 'peel off' :smile: so I guess it also depends on how the leather is treated.

I have several cervo bags and they've held up wonderfully for me as everyday bags. There's nothing differently I've had to do in carrying it. I also have the glace zippers bag and this has handled great for me also as an everyday bag. Not sure about the sheen "peeling off." I've never heard of that before. For the price of the handbag I'd think the glacing process would prevent this from happening. Again, I've never heard of that. But I'd recomment both for normal everyday use and to carry when traveling.