Prada authenticity card questions

Michmich16

Feb 4, 2012
Hi ladies, just have a question, I know that each genuine Prada bag should come with a white plastic authenticity card, but does it also come with a cardboard card that has a barcode on it? sth like the card on the right in this pic I found online.

http://images.hotstuff4ya.multiply.com/image/4/photos/9/600x600/36/Prada-cervo-lux-br4370-6.JPG?et=py1ALBmnSjPx3cFHW3YD2g&nmid=333869296
I called one of the local prada stores at my place and the SA told me that the carboard card is indeed for retailers only, it's not to be passed on to end customers, but I saw many photos online that some girls actuallly have that carboard card. However, my prada bag does not come with that card, only the white magnetic strip card.

Also, the SA told me that the whtie magnetic strip card cannot be swiped, all the info will be on that card, it can't be swiped althoguht it has a magnetic strip. Is that the case??

Thanks for anyone who helps to clarify these questions. :heart:

Hi ladies, just have a question, I know that each genuine Prada bag should come with a white plastic authenticity card, but does it also come with a cardboard card that has a barcode on it? sth like the card on the right in this pic I found online.

http://images.hotstuff4ya.multiply.com/image/4/photos/9/600x600/36/Prada-cervo-lux-br4370-6.JPG?et=py1ALBmnSjPx3cFHW3YD2g&nmid=333869296
I called one of the local prada stores at my place and the SA told me that the carboard card is indeed for retailers only, it's not to be passed on to end customers, but I saw many photos online that some girls actuallly have that carboard card. However, my prada bag does not come with that card, only the white magnetic strip card.

Also, the SA told me that the whtie magnetic strip card cannot be swiped, all the info will be on that card, it can't be swiped althoguht it has a magnetic strip. Is that the case??

Thanks for anyone who helps to clarify these questions. :heart:

I have 20 Prada bags & every bag i ve Bought @ the store came with the plastic Card & the other barcode style number & Color cards. Even the ones from the Space outlets.
I Never saw any Prada sa swipe One of the cards.
:smile:

Hi Michmich16, the SA at the prada store is right, the card cannot be swiped, it's just handwritten and any Prada boutique should be able to verify it-- furthermore I know that when you purchase an item they usually ask for you to put in your information on a card or they will enter it into the computer. This is a proof of purchase. The cardboard card is for boutiques only, however I think if you buy it from a website or from department store you can keep the card. Just a different policy. But if you are concerned with authenticity, you can just call the store (the store's location should be on the white card with magnetic strip) and have them check your proof of purchase (as the date of purchase should be on there also). Hope that helps!

Sorry I meant the cardboard card should be kept at the store and not given to the end customer, and the white card you are talking about with the "magnetic stripe" is the one you get to keep. On this particular card you should see the store location on it as well as the date of purchase.

Sorry I meant the cardboard card should be kept at the store and not given to the end customer, and the white card you are talking about with the "magnetic stripe" is the one you get to keep. On this particular card you should see the store location on it as well as the date of purchase.

Thank you very much for your information!!! On my white plastic card, it has the stamp from the store, it is purchased in the grenelle store at Paris by a person who helped me to buy the bag in Paris. is this store a boutique store? that's why it does not come with that carboard card? Again, thx for your help, really appreciate it!

I have 20 Prada bags & every bag i ve Bought @ the store came with the plastic Card & the other barcode style number & Color cards. Even the ones from the Space outlets.
I Never saw any Prada sa swipe One of the cards.
:smile:

Thanks for the info, ye but however the one I have right now only has the plastic card, not the barcode one :S, but from the other girl's reply, I guess that card is not to the end customers?

the ombre tote i bought last week from a Prada boutique had a cardboard barcode in the bag at the shop. when i purchased the bag, they removed it and replaced it with the white authenticity card

Thanks for the info, ye but however the one I have right now only has the plastic card, not the barcode one :S, but from the other girl's reply, I guess that card is not to the end customers?

Maybe they handle it different in Europe then us but as i wrote i have all my cards. (both of them)
They didnt Removed it. & i m happy to have them so i always know when i want to Resell them how the bag style is called.

the ombre tote i bought last week from a Prada boutique had a cardboard barcode in the bag at the shop. when i purchased the bag, they removed it and replaced it with the white authenticity card

Thank you, so I guess it depends then, probably in some situations, u get to keep the card, but the other situations the retailer will just keep it.

I live in Europe and own a several Prada bags. All of them came with the card with the barcode as well as the plastic authenticity card (including a wallet I bought from a Prada outlet).

Yup, i believe is their different policy. I have purchased a few Prada bags and only those from Outlets have the cardboard product info card but not for the Boutiques purchases. I have also verified with the SA, they will keep the product info card and only provide the White Authenticity card to the customers. The SA also mentioned that the Boutiques dont work the same policy as the outlet stores. Correct me if i am wrong :smile: