Prada Antik Cervo - Scuffing - Any Idea How to Prevent or Fix This?

bagpunk

Oct 31, 2006
Hey everyone. It has now been a few seasons since the Antik Cervo line first made its debut. I remember we had a discussion about their weakness for scuffing. I also remember several suggestions made as to how to prevent or fix this.

One mentioned shoe polish. I tried mink oil. I was not too satisfied with the result.

I also notice that there were several batches of the antik cervo with varying look, some more glossy, some more matted, some more whiskey and some more coffee in their shades of brown. And I am wondering if each of these responded differently to the various treatments we attempted to fix the scuffing.

I am just wondering how everyone's antik cervos are holding up and if you have any suggestions now - 2 years on - about which treatment or preventive methods work best for you?

Although I am very careful with mine, I recently bought pre-loved ones (not being able to afford to buy them all at retail) which are scuffed around the edges and corners.

I am mainly talking about the cacao I suppose, as the darkness of the brown made the scuffs on them more obvious than on the naturale.

Thanks so much!

I took my cervo lux tote into the Prada boutique today and the SA recommended just spraying it with leather protector. However, after looking at some leather sprays at Target today, they seem to indicate that it may change the color of the leather. I'm scared!

Has anyone tried this? Does it work? I'm a little nervous...

Wilson's leather cleaner/moisturizer does wonders for me.
Rub generous amount into leather, wait til it's dry, then buff out the scuffs.
You may need to repeat it several times, but at the end the scuffs are almost invisible, plus leather becomes so soft and shiny again!

Also, Wilson's suede cleaner is really good too!

Good luck!

i've just applied "ultimate moisturizer" from "lovin my bags" (the one you can safely apply with your hands). it helps darken the scuffs and smoothen their appearance. although upon closer inspection you can still see that the original more shiny coating has not returned, they look good enough. just make sure you don't rub too hard, as i think the colour may transfer and the last thing we want is more coating to come off. i found applying LMB's "ultimate moisturizer" with my fingers work best.

i have tried the apply, dried and buff route with mink oil but i found that this particular way does not suit the deer skin so much (although work wonders with my tooled vintage hippie leather bags), thus my question to liuyinn. i think this deer skin needs a lighter more absorbent sort of moisturizer.

I feel for you ladies. I had a gorgeous Cervo shopper in Naturale that I hunted for, for months. ANyway.. I got it and used it for about 2 months and was saddened by the scuffing at the corners and where the bag was rubbing against my clothing.
I tried a couple of different leather treatments.. but ultimately, I ended up selling it. :crybaby:
I just couldn't bear the thought of how it would look in a year's time. I miss it alot!

Best of luck finding something that works.. and please post it on the board if you do!

wah, i just bought two pre-loved cacao antik cervo! i am going the other way around. from my experience with the wallet, which gets battered around a lot in my bags, they do look painful at first, but with some moisturizer and perhaps natural moist and some oil from our hands it looks OK in a rustic sort of way. i can imagine how it might look like rubbed against our hips though. especially if we wear jeans a lot, not the most delicate of stitching around that area. i have been thinking of letting go of my flat hobo for ages. maybe once i received the other antik cervo i might have less trouble letting the hobo go. i think 3 cacao antik cervo might be a little overkill....

liuyinn, is your experience with the antik cervo range? the cocoa?

Yep, I have antik cervo N/S tote in Cacao and Wilson moisturizer worked wonders for me. I never use fingers though. I always use very soft cotton cloth. I went from a very scuffed bag to a nearly perfect looking one. You have to look at it at a certain angle to see bad scuffs now and minor ones are gone. (I am talking scuffs, not scratches, of course)
Good luck!

there' s a well known guy in this town that fixes shoes and bags in downtown (specializes in italian). I asked him how to protect the bag. He recommended "Cadillac boot and shoe conditioner". I bought one and tried it. It doesn't discolor the bag and is very gentle. You have to apply it onto a cloth first and spread it on the bag (NOT directly on the bag) Im gonig to try it on the bag I just picked up from Prada. I previously tried it on a Ferragamo Calf bag.

It's just the nature of the beast. That finish will wear off, it will become distressed looking. If you like that look, it's great. If not, don't buy ANYTHING in the Antik line.

Personal experience speaking here....

hey PP! yeah. i remember our thread and posts about this one when they first came out. it is true what you said. but i found that with some product the scuffing look darker so not so starkly lighter if you know what i mean...