Practical versus impractical

ajf5000

Aug 10, 2007
A few weeks ago my husband bought I bag for me at the outlet. It wasn't my thing so I took it back yesterday (to a full price boutique - cause it was the closest).

I ended up trying to decide between the signature stripe convertible bag (practical) and the sabrina op art bag (not as practical). I choose the convertible 'cause I wear it cross body and it's quite light (plus my husband accidentally got the wallet that matches it). When I was trying to decide, the SA said the sabrina op art bag would probably sell out. I can't really afford 2 bags right now so getting both is out of the question.

Would you believe the SA or wait a few months to see if PCE happens (or the CA 30% settlement coupon)? It's really driving me crazy right now!

TIA!!!!!!

bagladie112

Aug 2, 2008
i'd wait honey cuz u just never know with our beloved coach...every time i go into my boutique the sa's say "oh u really ought to jump on that before it leaves"....and i'm thinking "i wonder how long before it gets to the outlet"....for example i'd give my first born for an xl zoe (j/k) but i'm afraid of dropping 600 and seing it at the outlet in like 6 months...so i'd definitely wait on a sale or something....jmo..

sissabelle

Oct 11, 2007
I think it depends on how bad you really want the Op Art bag. If you feel like you MUST have it & would always regret missing out on her, get it now. It's very well possible the SA was just trying to make a sale, but it seems to be fairly popular on the forum... it's so hard to tell. If you can deal with possibly missing out, take a chance and wait for the 30% off, because you never know what else might catch your eye between now & then. Good luck with your decision :tup:

ETA: I think people have been finding some of the signature stripe line 50% off in the outlets this weekend, so I'd definitely wait on that one.

Firefly32

O.G.
Jul 20, 2008
Don't let it drive you crazy, it's just the sales tactics they use!! The bag just came out it's not limited edition or anything like that. Plus we all know how a ton of those always poped up too. If you really want this bag later you will be able to find it and maybe even for a better price too!

ajf5000

Aug 10, 2007
The funny thing is I know it was probably a sales tactic. Shouldn't I be smarter than this?

Part of the reason I got signature stripe is I can imaging wearing it for a long time to come. I could get it at the outlets but I make it to the outlets maybe once or twice a year.