PP won't let me use my card for purchase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixiepeach

Mar 1, 2010
I am so frustrated right now!!

Last week I had an issue with PP because they would not allow me to add my CC to my account. They told me to email such and such so I did. I was told from there that I had to call. When I got around to calling I was told the card is linked to another account which it's not. When I put in the last four digits on the automated message, it couldn't recognize it hence leading me to believe it is not linked to another account. Have I used this card on other account previously? Yes. Finally I get an answer that if it has been linked more than three times well too bad you're out of luck. Great, I didn't know that. Thankfully I was able to pay with another method.

Today I go to pay for my recent Bonz purchase and I was told "you can't use this card for this purchase. add your bank account". ARE YOU SERIOUS?! So, I try to add my bank account but nope. I can't add my bank account because it was previously added to another (now deleted and gone) PP account. Add another bank account. What?! I don't have another bank account!!

I am so frustrated. I don't understand why they are denying me the ability to use my card. Sigh. This means I'm going to have to take the money out of my bank, drive to my fathers bank, deposit the money into his account, and then hope PP lets him pay for it. :cursing:.

I know for sure these are the rules. i don't think you have much of a choice at this point unless someone else can suggest something else. Can you call paypal and have them open the other account back up? I am sorry you are going through this.

I know for sure these are the rules. i don't think you have much of a choice at this point unless someone else can suggest something else. Can you call paypal and have them open the other account back up? I am sorry you are going through this.

I had no idea :s. Hm, maybe they could open the other account back up. I didn't think of that. I still don't understand why they won't let me use my visa debit for the purchase. I've never, ever had a problem with that.

PayPal takes issue with people linking and unlinking credit cards multiple times. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics why, but I imagine it is a feature to protect it's customers.

I have never unlinked the first card I used to set up my PayPal account and have never had a problem. I suggest you keep one card attached to your PP account at all times from now on and this shouldn't happen again.

PayPal takes issue with people linking and unlinking credit cards multiple times. I'm not entirely sure of the specifics why, but I imagine it is a feature to protect it's customers.

I have never unlinked the first card I used to set up my PayPal account and have never had a problem. I suggest you keep one card attached to your PP account at all times from now on and this shouldn't happen again.

I do, I have my debit card. Not sure why they're telling me I can't use it :sad:.

Status
Not open for further replies.