Powerbuyer in ebay is not paying

sobe2009

L-O-V-E
O.G.
Mar 18, 2009
Not sure!!, How to handle this situation?. I sold a dress to a Powerbuyer with over 1000 feedbacks of just buying dresses. She bid on the dress in the last 5 seconds, on August 2. Later on, I sent an invoice and I did not heard back for 3 days. So, I sent a message asking if she received my invoice. After that, she responded by teling me that she was hoping to win another one of my items, so she could combine shipping. So, I waited until August 6th, when she won the second item. Later on, she told me on the 8th, that I was charging double shipping and that she was going to wait until I fix the shipping price and that she will pay on monday. I fixed the shipping price, right away and sent her an email confirming the adjustment. So now, it's almost Wednesday and she hasn't paid or answer any of my emails. Should I file with ebay, right away?. The thing is even if she contacts me and does not want to go with the sale I may agree to do a mutual withdrawn. But now bothers me that she is ignoring my emails.

Last edited:
I've experience this recently...
When she finally contacted me 5 days later she said she emailed and messaged me 10 times (which she DID NOT cause I was monitoring both!) said she did not want to pay shipping. I just explained that her bidding made her obligated to pay, and then she did! Despite my snarky messages, she left positive feedback :shrugs:

I recently had a similar situation, finally got a response on day 5 after 4 emails, said she had to go out of town on emergency, was responding on blackberry and would have computer access to paypal that night. I waited 24 hours, looked up her activity and found she was bidding away on ebay. I wrote again, and simply said "please agree to cancel this transaction so I can relist and get some of my fees back." She finally paid a few hours before end of day 7.

I follow the advice of ladyisobel and just open a case with ebay. Because she is not answering my emails. If she comunicates with me, I will just cancel the transaction. But, there is nothing worst that non communication. On the 10th, I just saw that she has been leaving feedback for others and that was the day that she said, she would pay. Most of her feedback say, great communication, fast payment. Unfortunaly, in my case she is bad communication and takes forever to pay.

I just saw that she purchased a dress today. WOW!!! and she won't even reply to my emails or the open case. Why wouldn't even have the courtesy of answering?

Last edited:
I have seen the powerseller icon but never powerseller.

seems strange that your buyer isn't responding to your emails. Maybe she got pissed that she got sent two shipping charges? although you did fix it maybe it bothers her...on ebay people have the silliest and weird reasons to do something:shrugs:

Actually, I did send her an email to tell her to please just pay for one shipping, and if the invoice did not reflect one shipping only. To let me know, right away and I was going to fixed it. That's when she told me if I could adjust the shipping.
So, I was the one, who first offer and I was putting money out of my pocket to make her shipping less expensive since it's going to Australia.
It's just weird!!. I sent her a message telling her that I could cancel the transaction as well with no problem. I just want to move on and relist the item. She still hasn't answer to my emails looking to resolve the problem. I have give her all options. I guess, she can't make a quick decision. (so annoying!!!!) because today she has been on ebay buying and bidding.