Powders/Foundations for Asian skintones?

fashion1sta

Nov 28, 2007
I'm thinking of getting Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15 by Clinique, but i was wondering if it was a powder or a foundation?
Also... i'm korean and i would really like to know if this would match my skin tone~ because i tried using laura mercier powders but it seems to be too red for my skin- i'm more yellow toned.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated (meaning other products). I'm going back to school next week and i REALLY need to buy some new makeup before i go back :sweatdrop:.

omg hey girll :smile:) I didn't know you were korean!! I'm half korean! hehe.
Try a translucent powder? La Mer loose powder is really nice and it's like shimmery but not exactly sparkly. it just gives you a pretty glow. and you get a lot in each container. Also I think MUFE is supposed to make great powder -&- foundation.

I'lll let jc2239; PG; itsnicole; chime in. I know they use La mer and MUFE :smile:)

omg hey girll :smile:) I didn't know you were korean!! I'm half korean! hehe.
Try a translucent powder? La Mer loose powder is really nice and it's like shimmery but not exactly sparkly. it just gives you a pretty glow. and you get a lot in each container. Also I think MUFE is supposed to make great powder -&- foundation.

I'lll let jc2239; PG; itsnicole; chime in. I know they use La mer and MUFE :smile:)

Hey frosted!- Yup i'm korean~ ... and i'm in desperate need of getting the right makeup.

Thanks for helping me out!

^ I was wondering about MAC...it seems like a lot of asians use it as well. Are their products oil-free.... and which products from MAC do you recommend?

I have combo skin.....

Bare minerals has a color line for Asian skin tones. It can only be bought in Hawaii and Japan. I came across this when I was in Hawaii and stopped into Sephora at Ala Moana and the girl matched me with "Natural 4.0".

I'm half chinese too, twin53. lol

I don't think MAC foundations are good. but their concealer is nice. powders should be good too. They have warm/cool colors and tons of shades to match your skin, i think mac is a safe bet. cheaper than the stuff I listed I think

Buying makeup from an Asian country is better because brands tailor their shades specifically for Asian skintones. As you know Asian skin tones can vary from porcelain white to dark olives there is no one color family. I get my makeup from Everyday Minerals, first time in my life I have found my exact shade.

i think clinique would be good for your skintone. my bff is chinese and she is very yellow toned and suuuuuper pale. she uses clinique and her skin looks great. and its not too expensive... you should definitely stop by their counter and try on some shades.

i use chanel.. i honestly believe its the only foundation that matches my skin tone.

I tried Clinique a while back & I think it's pretty good for asian skin but it doesn't last as long. Mac is okay although a bit heavy. Sometime it all depends on the season...summer vs. winter. Right now I'm using Bare Essential medium beige & it look very natural.

Thank you ladies! I think i'll stop by the mall today and try out some of the brands that you have recommended. Although i'm still not sure about MAC- because i used it once when i was in high school and it made me break out all over my skin......BUT maybe i'll go try out different shades and see what happens!