Powder Sparkle Tweed Alexa - Please put me out of my misery!

cazzz1

O.G.
Nov 23, 2008
I am seriously tempted by this bag but haven't actually seen it in the flesh. I've looked through postings here and see that it needs to be babied. I can't see that being a problem as I don't use bags long enough to get shabby or lose their sparkle!
I need to make a decision before tomorrow morning so would be grateful for your thoughts. Is it very blingy/classy etc etc. Basically would this be a lovely bag to have or a waste of money?
Thanks for your help. x

I don't have any experience of this bag but I would say that as long as you accept from the start that you need to be careful of colour transfer and you baby it then it should be 100% fine. So no denim, lol! The tragic instances happen when people don't expect the worst to happen, use it as you would expect a bag to be used and then disaster strikes. Mulberry need to be more careful with warnings to buyers re delicate bags, imo. Unless you are expressly told, you don't expect an expensive item to be damaged so easily, iykwim. You would be buying with this knowledge already in mind though so the problems can be avoided in your case.

If you love it and no other bag will make you feel as delighted or excited then I say go for it!!!!!

xx

If you love it and no other bag will make you feel as delighted or excited then I say go for it!!!!!

I agree, IWANB. I have a nude plonge alexa clutch, which I love to bits! I just collonil and use. That's been great so far, no colour transfer and it stood up to a snow storm (I had it close to me and was covering it partially). I don't use it on a daily basis, as I think it would soon look like a dish rag with a postmans lock and straps.

Thanks both. Have you seen it IRL. Is it lovely or mediocre? x

I have this bag, and I think it's gorgeous -- at least up close. I'm not sure its beauty is obvious looking at it from a distance. Which might be a good thing! I like that the Alexas don't scream "I'm a designer handbag!" unless you are familiar with the design already.

I have the black Alexa as well, which I carry much more often than the sparkle tweed. I just worry I'm going to ruin the ST bag, and it was so very expensive!

I agree, IWANB. I have a nude plonge alexa clutch, which I love to bits! I just collonil and use. That's been great so far, no colour transfer and it stood up to a snow storm (I had it close to me and was covering it partially). I don't use it on a daily basis, as I think it would soon look like a dish rag with a postmans lock and straps.

Agree that the pretty but delicate bags are not for everyday, lol xx

I may feel different about it in summer but I'm not struck on it at the moment. I prefer the Gunmetal but again I think that is seasonal. The dark sparkle feels wintry and Christmassy. In terms of the leather, what some find delicate and pretty I find a bit flimsy.

If babying isn't an issue and you can either sell on or return then I would go for it cazzz.
Getting a bag out your system is essential in life so you can move onto the next one:nuts:

I adore mine. She makes my heart skip a beat. I got mine at a steal from the damaged table at SM though £278, she had slight colour transfer). I think it's classy in a slightly blingy way (if that makes sense)
I posted a link of mine on here. They are definitely not work horses and corries2 is right, they are flimsy, especially if you're used to a sturdy solid Bayswater. I had mine out for 3 days running a few weeks ago, and she's now in a dust bag as I don't want to wear her
out!

That's what I thought! If I could get it for that price I wouldn't be boring you all with my inane questions!
Many thanks for all your help on this. My mind has temporarily been taken off this dilemma by another matter. I sold my Mulberry shares recently, sent off the certificate etc to Lloyds only to receive a letter from them this morning telling me they hadn't turned up yet and threatening all sorts. According to Royal Mail they've been delivered so goodness know where they are. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cazzz1, I really hope they find the letter.

I was soooo lucky, the damaged table was great that day. There was a rouge noir bays for £204 (slight cracking on handle) an oak mitzy Tote for £260 (couldn't see anything wrong with it) and a bronze Maggie for £106 (again, couldn't see a fault) I bought the Maggie for my mum and she bought the Alexa for me. She bought a rouge noir bays
there herself the previous month for £240! She also treated herself to a rouge noir long locked purse. It's just as well I live in the states now as my family home in England is 40 mins from SM!