Pourpre--have not seen it in person--what colors can you wear it with?

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
I've been looking at everyone's pictures of pourpre bags, and the color looks gorgeous, although different in every picture! Can I please ask what colors you are able to wear it with? I'm considering ordering a pourpre bag, but it's tough to decide without seeing the color in person, and this one seems like a chameleon! Is it mostly red with with pink undertones?

Thank you so much!

Deedaa

Nov 8, 2007
Honolulu
Pourpre is a deep red/cranberry colour. I think it goes with all neutrals and winter colours very well. It also goes with deeper colours like purples, navy and berry colours. I can't really picture it going well with pink, yellow or pastels, but I'm sure someone can prove me wrong :smile:

It is a versatile colour provided you can generally picture a deep red going with your wardrobe.

CeeJay

A BAL-enced Life!
O.G.
Dec 6, 2005
A Yank in SoCAL
I agree with *Deedaa*, it would be great with Fall-like colors (pine green, tan/beige, etc.) ... it wouldn't look so great with Orange or other Reds. Therefore, if your regular palette is neutral, it would be great ... if you tend to bright colors (yellow, pink, aqua, etc.), then it probably wouldn't go too well.

I had a Poupre GGH PT that I ended up selling because I tend to wear brighter colored clothing ...

French75

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Paris, France
I have a pourpre (a RH Work), I love it !! I always get compliments :smile:
And it's easier to wear than I though actually.
It looks very nice with dark blue, with jeans, with grey, with black, with white as well. I have not tried anything else yet (my pourpre is new)

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Thank you, Deedaa, Ceejay and French75. I love navy and berry colors! I also like deep pinks, so I'm hoping I could wear it with that, but I haven't found any pictures to confirm it. I appreciate your help!

French75

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Paris, France
I have 3 modeling pics with my Pourpre and a navy blue outfit or jeans+grey sweater if it can help (sorry on the first pic, the bag is too pink de to the light)

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Your bag looks beautiful, French75! I saw your pictures in one of the other threads, and they made me want this color!

Which picture do you think portrays the color most accurately?

snowwhite

Jan 27, 2006
Alberta, Canada
Thanks a lot !! :flowers:
I think the second one might be the more accurate (under day light)
The last one is not bad though (pretty similar)
Oooh--so it is that gorgeous deep pinkish berry color--beautiful! I'm even more in love now. I just saw your noix bag pictures--another beauty!

kobe939

O.G.
Apr 16, 2008
rainy city
I have 3 modeling pics with my Pourpre and a navy blue outfit or jeans+grey sweater if it can help (sorry on the first pic, the bag is too pink de to the light)

You look really cute in this outfit :P and the bag is really gorgeous...as you said, very versatile!

Love your pourpre work!

eye.bag

Jul 24, 2008
^^ great comparison pix!
I think pourpre is a "cooler" red than Sang, so I would rule out yellows oranges greens. French75, your photos are great!

bacaster

banana cake monster~
Oct 11, 2009
all over...
I think the color looks very good with jeans..blue/purple/grey too
i think white looks good with it too..just not too pop colors like yellow or sth

saff

May 14, 2008
Sydney
I love Pourpre as I usually wear cooler colours - navy, grey, black - and I find that this bag goes with just about any of these colours. I can also wear with this brown. Not solid brown, but brown print. I'm not a red bag type of person, but I love Pourpre as it's not so in your face. Comparison with Sanguine City shows the closest Pourpre IRL.