Pour la Victoire?

coco5

Oct 13, 2010
Hello!
Does anyone know the brand pour la victoire? or own their bags?
I got a vintage Pour la Victoire leather backpack. I think its from the early 90s. its really gorgeous. I will have to post pics. I usually dont like backpacks but this one :yahoo: as i dont like wearing it on my back though i carry it in arms lol. Crazy I know.
So would anyone know the history of the brand etc.?

I read about Pour La Victoire in a fashion magazine sometime ago. I too have seen their items and was unsure about commiting to them. A lady who bought some of their shoes in 2008 told me that the heels (about 5-6 inches high) were not stable.

I did however buy a pair of their croc embossed rain boots. They resemble the Jimmy Choo Hunter croc embossed boots. They are tall and by golly I am in love! Especially since I almost purchased the Jimmy Choos/Hunter ones but have spent so much since November and really need to cut down my spending =)

Do show pics of your bag! There really should be a section for PLV.

Last edited:
I read about Pour La Victoire in a fashion magazine sometime ago. I too have seen their items and was unsure about commiting to them. A lady who bought some of their shoes in 2008 told me that the heels (about 5-6 inches high) were not stable.

I searched on google and I found a lot on their boots but NOTHING on bags
I did however buy a pair of their croc embossed rain boots. They resemble the Jimmy Choo Hunter croc embossed boots. They are tall and by golly I am in love! Especially since I almost purchased the Jimmy Choos/Hunter ones but have spent so much since November and really need to cut down my spending =)

That sounds nice!! Do you have pictures?

Do show pics of your bag! There really should be a section for PLV.

Sure ! Here is one. But I must say its lighter in real. For some reason it always looks darker in picture.
Yes good idea! Maybe I'll create one!

uppix.net/5/f/6/f6bcfc98fd5849b988d330698d9d7tt.jpg

Last edited:
ooh, nice bag Coco5!!!!

Will add pics of the PLV boots tomorrow. I had to hide them from my 5 year old diva who insists on wearing them around the house

And again, nice bag!

um.... seems i might have confused "victoire paris " and "pour la victoire". I will create two different threads for those brands then. My bag is victoire paris.
Anyway as i am going to create those threads why dont u just post ur shoes here Aluxe? im very interested in seeing them. Then u can post them again in the "pour la victoire" thread.

um.... seems i might have confused "victoire paris " and "pour la victoire". I will create two different threads for those brands then. My bag is victoire paris.
Anyway as i am going to create those threads why dont u just post ur shoes here Aluxe? im very interested in seeing them. Then u can post them again in the "pour la victoire" thread.

Sorry it took so long to do this, OP. Here's a pic of the boots.

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/nfqTYAvuy3OTSr_-OAy421tmwfmRpePawnfoEtb8tCI?feat=directlink

Hop you can see it. I'm going to wear them out right now. Yes, most of the snow has melted away already, but, I love 'em!:graucho: