Pouches for organizing

Tote Ali

Jul 2, 2018
Hi PF! My totes feel like bottomless Mary Poppins bags...any suggestions for lightweight pouches to put inside your bags to help organize? Eg a pouch for makeup, one for electronics, one for travel items etc. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: A bottle of Red
This is a difficult question to answer, because there are a million pouches available at a bunch of different price points.

Are you looking for inexpensive pouches or luxury ones?

I know exactly what you mean and I hate it. I have Wouf pouches. They are quite hysterical so that has to be your thing. Longchamp is everything but hysterical and indestructible. There are enough options out there, but if you are searching for lightweight just avoid the leather ones. They might not feel heavy at first, but if you want multiple ones it can quickly add up.

If you have a favorite bag brand, you can also start there. That's also a great starting point. Travel cubes I never use but Muji is a brand that my friends use.

• Love
Reactions: etudes and Tote Ali
Hi PF! My totes feel like bottomless Mary Poppins bags...any suggestions for lightweight pouches to put inside your bags to help organize? Eg a pouch for makeup, one for electronics, one for travel items etc. Thanks in advance!
@Tote Ali while not a pouch, I highly recommend Stashio for bag organizers - they really solved all of my organizing issues; have used them in my BV hobos and my H GP 36 very happily. They are lightweight, designed by a female engineer, and come in two different heights depending on your bag. Watch her video here: https://www.stashio.us/

Reactions: Tote Ali
Thanks everyone! All such great options. I was thinking something along the lines of canvas or synthetic material to keep it really light vs leather with happy gorgeous patterns so I can easily see it but also open to designer if it's lightweight. Wow, Wouf has some joyful patterns!

Last edited:
Reactions: indiaink and Egel
@Tote Ali while not a pouch, I highly recommend Stashio for bag organizers - they really solved all of my organizing issues; have used them in my BV hobos and my H GP 36 very happily. They are lightweight, designed by a female engineer, and come in two different heights depending on your bag. Watch her video here: https://www.stashio.us/
These are adorable! I might need a few for better organization! Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks everyone! All such great options. I was thinking something along the lines of canvas or synthetic material to keep it really light vs leather with happy gorgeous patterns so I can easily see it but also open to designer if it's lightweight. Wow, Wouf has some joyful patterns!
I love water lilies, that's what drew me into the brand. Glad to hear you like them too.

Reactions: Tote Ali
You can also try nylon pouches from Muji. They have various sizes available and also have organization inside (slip pockets, lipstick holders, different compartments). They don’t look as interesting as most of the pouches out there but for the price, they can’t be beat. Weighs nothing!

I love my fun LeSportsac prints or my colorful Kipling and Longchamp pouches. I get different sizes and/or prints/colors to separate out what is in each and remember ;)

I have had mini pochettes in the past, but the chain annoyed me and it doesn't come all the way off. I did get a Coach Nolita 15 and 19 which are similar to the mini pochette. I plan to remove the chain permanently to reduce weight since the chain is much heavier than the mini pochette. I have two pochette accessories that can be used as pouches inside my bags, but I never use them that way lol. I use them as a quick out the door with necessities or small crossbody.

Just a general idea to throw out, I was thrifting and using a variety of Vera Bradley pouches. There is an outlet by me so I decided to up grade and pick up several bags in a single pattern. I like the size I believe is called the Tech Pouch. I settled on splash type pattern that would work great with my neutral, black, red and navy bags. I got the Tech Pouch in canvas and fabric and the set of graduated Make Up bags. It was a great inexpensive way to try them out and feel like I didn't break the bank if they didn't work out. I definitely like that tech size so now if I want to try a different brand, I have a general size to gauge.

Or you can be unorganized like me and take a few years to haphazardly cobble together a collection of wildly differing pouches from various brands that have absolutely nothing to do with one another. I mean, let's take a walk on the wild side, shall we?

Or not. Those Stashio organizers are cute.
Oh, LOL, you saw my thrifted VB collection??

• Haha
Reactions: Joule