Pottery Barn fabric/slipcovered sofas

scarlet555

O.G.
Apr 9, 2009
Hey everyone, I am wondering if anyone can chime in on PB slipcovered sofas and their experiences especially with slip covered sofas.
I ordered one recently and probably will take 3-4 months to get. I went with denim warm white, because the performance twill I tested was water resistant but did not clean well with lipstick and such. I didn't like the other fabrics, though I liked the crypton everyday linen it was not machine washable. Please chime in. Yes it had to be white.

I had one for quite a few years. I had one slipcover in performance twill, and the other was velvet. I had them dry-cleaned yearly. They still shrunk up a little, and were a PITA to put back on, but overall held up pretty well.

Reactions: scarlet555
I had one for quite a few years. I had one slipcover in performance twill, and the other was velvet. I had them dry-cleaned yearly. They still shrunk up a little, and were a PITA to put back on, but overall held up pretty well.

what color was your performance twill and how did it do with cleaning?

My experience was very similar. I had a slipcover in a pale yellow brushed twill for spring/summer and a mushroom color velvet one for fall/winter. They were definitely a PITA to put back on but I enjoyed the sofa for over 14 years.

My experience was very similar. I had a slipcover in a pale yellow brushed twill for spring/summer and a mushroom color velvet one for fall/winter. They were definitely a PITA to put back on but I enjoyed the sofa for over 14 years.
Twins! I had the Charleston sofa and I was able to get that yellow slipcover on sale; it was gorgeous, but as it turned out I rarely used it. It just didn't go with my other colors. I used the stone in summer, and had the moss green velvet for winter.

Reactions: fourcutepups