Potential Successor to Antigona?

hrhsunshine

Truly Addicted
O.G.
Dec 22, 2010
Just released on Purseblog about the pre-Fall 2016 collection...

http://www.purseblog.com/givenchy/givenchy-pre-fall-2016-bags/

There is a new satchel being highlighted but at first glance, it makes me think of Saint Laurent's SDJ...and to me, SDJ is a Birkin wanna-be.

Antigona is unique with this shape and fierce HW. It literally GRABS your attention and there is no mistaking it for any other bag.

Understandably, Givenchy wants to prepare another hit bag. This one just looks like another ladylike handbag.

Thoughts?

Hmm I think it has a lot of potential, I am really liking the simplicity of it along with that band of leather (and am interested in how it works). I agree it strongly resembles the SDJ but I think I prefer this one tbh, the accordion sides in SDJ don't work for me. Overall Antigona wins for me hands down but I am also liking this new bag. Is there any intel on the price?

Exactly...very similar to the Birkin and SDJ. The one thing that s a little intriguing is how you open the bag...how the band around the bag opens and if it adds a unique feature. It's pretty ..and I am very interested in seeing it IRL.

Not a fan :tdown: If I wanted this shape I'd go for the SDJ I think, this design doesn't look as sleek and eye catching to me. Might look better IRL I guess, but think I'll be saving my money for something better.

Bland and lacklustre (compared to their other styles)... The shape already exists and feels knockoff-ish. Their other bags have interesting silhouettes which make them recognisably Givenchy.

If you randomly showed me these pictures I would have thought they were all Givenchy except the new satchel :sad: reminds me of Mansur Gavriel which is not a favored brand for me (there's a fine line b/w 'minimalist' and boring - not to mention the price hikes and constant 'out of stock' status). It's missing that edge which makes Givenchy stand out among all the designer bags.