Posts That Make Me SAD

Feb 21, 2017
I have stopped reading Facebook and watching the news because the vitriol and disrespect get me down. Today I opened up a couple of threads (not in this forum, thankfully) in which the poster is not expressing likes and dislikes of bags/styles/colors/brands. They are making fun of people. We have enough sadness and trauma in the world right now. I wish we could remember that we are all part of the same human race and that it is incumbent on us to respect the dignity of every human being. Let's stick to the fun things.

RT1

Hubble Telescope Image of the Orion Nebula
O.G.
Sep 8, 2006
Texas
I have stopped reading Facebook and watching the news because the vitriol and disrespect get me down. Today I opened up a couple of threads (not in this forum, thankfully) in which the poster is not expressing likes and dislikes of bags/styles/colors/brands. They are making fun of people. We have enough sadness and trauma in the world right now. I wish we could remember that we are all part of the same human race and that it is incumbent on us to respect the dignity of every human being. Let's stick to the fun things.
There is so much truth to this statement.
Instead of trying to bring unhappiness to people, we should try to make them feel better about themselves and bring joy into other's lives. :yes:

This whole COVID thing seems to have brought out the very worst in people.
Add the BLM and ANTIFA shenanigans and the entire country is just about to boil over with rage and hate. :tdown:

I try to treat everyone I associate with, communicate with, meet on the street, etc. with respect and dignity. :tup:
The Golden Rule seems to have lost it's meaning right now....it's high time to bring it back. :yahoo:

jxwilliams

O.G.
Mar 1, 2009
I 100% agree! I stopped looking at FB because it was just so upsetting and stressful to me. The climate is so crazy right now with the hate and anger, I finally decided I had to take a break from it to minimize stress. It’s stressful enough as it is right now without all the negativity.