Postmans lock hobo, anyone?

I really like the look of the postmans lock hobo - bags with flaps appeal to me, and this one looks like it'll take a lot. I'm not too sure about the buffalo shine leather, and how shiny it is in real life, so I'll probably have to go take a look in the store.

Does anyone else have or like this particular design? Link on the M site here: http://www.mulberry.com/#/storefront/c5481/6312/moreviews/

I really like it, but i probably wouldn't purchase it as my first Mulberry buy. That's probably because i've got my eye on the Daria hobo!

It wouldn't be my first Mulberry - I've done the Bayswater-Roxy-Mabel-Agyness thing. :smile: I just went to the store and they're not bringing it in to Singapore! Guess I'll have to take my chances if I decide to get it.

It wouldn't be my first Mulberry - I've done the Bayswater-Roxy-Mabel-Agyness thing. :smile: I just went to the store and they're not bringing it in to Singapore! Guess I'll have to take my chances if I decide to get it.

I love the way it fits on the shoulder and it's nice and roomy. I found it a bit plain though but that's a personal choice as I prefer a bit of bling.

I think it's a great design, I've got a Lily in black buffalo shine and it's not that shiny at all (I'm not really into blingy, shiny bags but I love this one) and seems to be wearing in nicely.

I really like this bag. Shoulder bags are my favourite, but like you I was not so sure about the shiny leather and I don't have any stores near me to check it out. Would love to hear from more people as to how they find the wear on this type. I have the Somerset in oak and was thinking of this in black, but wondered if the shiny black would look a bit (dare I say it..!?) cheap!

anyone got the postman's lock hobo? i would like to know what the leather is like? thick and luxurious or think and shiny? Also can you fit A4 papers in it easily? Pictures would be fab!

I just purchased a Large Lily in Buffalo Shine in the sale. I have never seen this particular bag online or anywhere else before, so I am not sure what the colour is called. It does look very similar to the Deer Brown Buffalo Shine on the Postman's Lock bags. I don't think the leather is shiny at all: maybe it will become a bit shinier in time like NVT. What I like about the leather compared to NVT is how light it is: the same bag in NVT would be much heavier! The leather is not thin though. I tried to compare it to NVT and personally noticed little difference. The colour is much lighter than oak. I attached a picture below with the Large Lily and a cosmetic purse in oak NVT with a nice patina. The difference is obvious. Colour- and shadewise I prefer oak NVT myself.

They had two Large Lilies in the store: one in the back and the other one on display. What was interesting was how different the shades were on these two bags. I ended up buying the one they got for me from the back. It had more of a powdery beige shade, and the display one was more orangey. The sales person told me that the colour would develop in time, and the bags would end up the same shade. I don't know whether this is true or not. Surely Buffalo Shine will not develop the same kind of patina as NVT, which is a shame I think. But i guess the only way to know for sure is to wait. :smile:

So if there's someone out there who's still pondering whether to buy a Postman's Lock bag from the sale, I hope these pictures help with the decision. The leather on my Lily has a lovely grain, and really not that much shine at all.

Attachments

• P1040862.JPG
    P1040862.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 1,238
  • P1040872.JPG
    P1040872.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 1,254
  • P1040883.JPG
    P1040883.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 1,248
I saw the Postmans lock Hobo IRL yesterday, I liked it online, but did not like the texture or feel of it. It is quite hard and a little shiny, which imo does not suit this type of bag.
I saw the above Lily too, and this is a gorgeous bag; the letter had a different feel too

I saw the Postmans lock Hobo IRL yesterday, I liked it online, but did not like the texture or feel of it. It is quite hard and a little shiny, which imo does not suit this type of bag.
I saw the above Lily too, and this is a gorgeous bag; the letter had a different feel too

I agree - looks totally different to the online picture!