Postal Strike in Canada this Thurs.

Minamiz

O.G.
Jan 25, 2010
Some of my fb friends have warned me about a strike on Thurs. I think this does not bode well for anyone buying or selling anything across that border especially during sale season. I hope I'm wrong.

ETA: If union's final offer isn't accepted then strike will happen at 12:59 pm et on Thurs.

I think the packages in transit are OK just the ones taken to post on Friday :sad:

But they might not strike..however, strong possibility they will, merde.

they were saying this since last Monday (I had a couple of important documents to send and they told me AFTER I paid :cursing:), but everything's been good so far :yes:

I think as long as u purchase from the major US department stores like Saks, NM, NAP, and CL boutiques, you'll be fine cuz they all use either Fedex or UPS. Be careful of Barneys and Nordstrom, both online stores use US postal service and when they come to Canada, it's Canada Post that delivers....

they were saying this since last Monday (I had a couple of important documents to send and they told me AFTER I paid :cursing:), but everything's been good so far :yes:

I think as long as u purchase from the major US department stores like Saks, NM, NAP, and CL boutiques, you'll be fine cuz they all use either Fedex or UPS. Be careful of Barneys and Nordstrom, both online stores use US postal service and when they come to Canada, it's Canada Post that delivers....

They charge that much for shipping, duties & taxes and they ship with USPS? I have to say that is such a rip-off!

They charge that much for shipping, duties & taxes and they ship with USPS? I have to say that is such a rip-off!

I know... And once i ordered from Barneys for my Bottega Venetta clutch which was SQUISHED into my tiny mailbox (the kind where you walk off more into the streets, how do you call these group mailboxes??? basically, not at your own home mailbox lol). They didn't even bother to knock on my door or leave a delivery notice. :tdown:

Both Barneys' and Nordstrom's shipping are hellll sloooooooooow lol. No matter what you order, it comes in 2 weeks lol

I think the packages in transit are OK just the ones taken to post on Friday :sad:

But they might not strike..however, strong possibility they will, merde.

Nope this isn't right.....everything will come to a dead stop. If your shipping to the states it has to be in customs and out of canada post possession by Thurs 12am or it will sit there. I have a few things coming out of customs into canada yesterday, I doubt they'll be out for delivery today. If this strike goes on long it's going to sit there and then after the strike is done they'll be a huge backlog so it will be even longer....