Postage due - buyer refused package?

You are saying a postal employee did not charge the correct amount and shipped it? What if the receiving post office sent it back to you instead of charging the postage due?

I had printed the label at home and she was simply scanning it in. She wasn't concerned about charging me because I'd already paid for the label. She said if it did get caught along the way, the recipient would pay upon delivery (she doubted that would happen though as it was only going from Southern CA to Northern CA).

Some USPS employees seem to be lenient in weight! The one at my PO, no way. He is the rule enforcer and nobody escapes him, he has something to say to me every time I go in whether it be the wrong date or tape sticking out past the edge of the envelope! :P

I'm afraid it is going to be a case of buyers remorse, especially since they said the postage due is higher than the actual amount it would be if it in fact was the weight they said it was. If they wanted a refund, I would have gladly given it to them if they sent the item back. Why do buyers have to be so inconsiderate and make things difficult? Oh well, we will see what the package says tomorrow when it arrives. :sad:

Yeah I was surprised that this lady let it go so easily! She's not even the nice one! I really do think you're right, that it was buyer's remorse and they're just making this up as an excuse.

Was it an oversized box? Was any side longer than 12"?

The longest side was at 12", but I entered the dimensions correctly because I know oversized boxes cost a bit more (I learned the hard way a while ago) so the price ebay calculated and price I recalculated on the USPS site was accurate. It should be here today.

The buyer responded that they just wanted a full refund ASAP.

I had printed the label at home and she was simply scanning it in. She wasn't concerned about charging me because I'd already paid for the label. She said if it did get caught along the way, the recipient would pay upon delivery (she doubted that would happen though as it was only going from Southern CA to Northern CA).

I guess my concern is twofold. That the item could have been returned by the PO for insufficient postage. Then, what happens? Also, and this is purely EBay protocol, it is the buyer's responsibility to pay for the return. I don't know how it might have affected anything. Thankfully, it seems it did not.

I have never dealt with a USPS employee who did not want to make sure I had enough postage on a package. Maybe cuz it is such a small town. lol

I guess my concern is twofold. That the item could have been returned by the PO for insufficient postage. Then, what happens? Also, and this is purely EBay protocol, it is the buyer's responsibility to pay for the return. I don't know how it might have affected anything. Thankfully, it seems it did not.

I have never dealt with a USPS employee who did not want to make sure I had enough postage on a package. Maybe cuz it is such a small town. lol

Honestly I was not overly concerned because the seller was crazy enough to refund me my $1500 BEFORE I even shipped back the bag! :P At that point I figured worst case either they would have postage due and they could just pay it or it would have been returned to me and I would have contacted them and told them I wanted money for shipping again because they'd neglected to weigh the package when they'd initially shipped it out. I never would have imagined that they'd ship my package in the first place without weighing it, so weird. They were pretty inexperienced sellers so nothing surprised me.

The box just got dropped off. I know the time my mail carrier comes around usually so I started cleaning up the patio in hopes to catch him.

I guessed right...no postage due on the box, it was just refused. I told him the story and he was just as confused, there were no postage due markings on the box or the label.

I would take pictures of every facet of the box to document that "postage due" stamp is no where to be seen on the box. Then I would refund the PITA minus the shipping fees. Sorry that happened to you.

I would take pictures of every facet of the box to document that "postage due" stamp is no where to be seen on the box. Then I would refund the PITA minus the shipping fees. Sorry that happened to you.

I did just that. I contacted the buyer saying I received the package, no postage due, so I will refund purchase price ONLY.

Hopefully they don't cause trouble with me. I don't understand why they'd lie about something that would be for sure found out. Oh well, I'm grateful it happened like this and not something worse such as claiming non receipt.

Honestly I was not overly concerned because the seller was crazy enough to refund me my $1500 BEFORE I even shipped back the bag! :P At that point I figured worst case either they would have postage due and they could just pay it or it would have been returned to me and I would have contacted them and told them I wanted money for shipping again because they'd neglected to weigh the package when they'd initially shipped it out. I never would have imagined that they'd ship my package in the first place without weighing it, so weird. They were pretty inexperienced sellers so nothing surprised me.

nm

I am glad you got it back so quick. I had one refused package once take a month to come back and the tracking never even updated as delivered back to me. If I was dishonest, I could have just said that I never received it and the buyer would be out of luck.
I wish people realized that refusing the package may create all sorts of problems.

The box just got dropped off. I know the time my mail carrier comes around usually so I started cleaning up the patio in hopes to catch him.

I guessed right...no postage due on the box, it was just refused. I told him the story and he was just as confused, there were no postage due markings on the box or the label.

Glad you got it back so quickly and surprise, surprise on the lack of postage due. It'll be interesting to see what the buyer says,