Post your vintage LEVI'S USA made jeans here:

Sferics

May 23, 2015
I remember the time one could buy used ones in stores in any size and colour and condition.
I am old...:shocked:

• Love
Reactions: 880

ColdSteel

Lover of moto jackets, vintage, and cats
O.G.
Sep 26, 2007
in the shoe department
When they're vintage you can't go by the size on the tag, you have to go by the measurements. It's tricky but I think I have it narrowed down to my size which is like 2 sizes bigger than my size in modern jeans-lol!
Yes!! I have a Made in SF pair of 501 XXs (within the last year of the Valencia St. Factory's operation) and they're a 35 waist. I never thought in the last couple years that I'd be able to find a pair, much less in excellent condition at a thrift store. I never thought I'd have something I'd call the crown jewel of my denim collection, but there you go!

Antonia

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Boston area
Yes!! I have a Made in SF pair of 501 XXs (within the last year of the Valencia St. Factory's operation) and they're a 35 waist. I never thought in the last couple years that I'd be able to find a pair, much less in excellent condition at a thrift store. I never thought I'd have something I'd call the crown jewel of my denim collection, but there you go!
Awesome!! Would love to see a photo of them! I have a pair of 550's on the way (should be here tomorrow so I might wear them Weds. after washing them). I can't believe how many different styles of vintage Levi's there are....not until I started searching for them on eBay! My favorite style right now are the high waist tapered leg....something I wouldn't be caught dead in up until recently. These just look so freaking stylish to me and this style is very 'in' again! :smile:

Last edited:

mellecyn

O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
I remember my 501....had 2 pairs (1 blue, 1 washed black). 70$ back then, I wore them from 1993 to 1997 until they ripped lol.
Then got a new dark blue in 1996 after seing the tv ad with Spaceman Babylon zoo.
I really don´t understand why, given the massive worldwide demand, they can´t remake them. They have changed the original 501 cut...like why...the sizing and measurements are weird. In Europe, only vintage Levi´s is cool basically.

Reactions: Antonia

Anesthestia

Nov 7, 2017
New York
I don't own a pair of vintage Levi's yet! I love straight fit and will pretty much wear anything that's not skinny; which is most vintage denim I guess. I've been dipping my toes in many denim brands, including DL1961, Frame, Rag & Bone etc. So far, my favorite fit is the Levi's wedgie since it really enhances my non-existent bum-- I wonder if there's a vintage equivalent for it?

(If anyone has recommendations on jeans that really lift + enlarge the bum, that'd would be great too, because my flat east-asian inherited bum needs a bit of help, especially since I've lost quite a bit of weight recently!) :doh:

Reactions: Antonia

Antonia

O.G.
Aug 20, 2006
Boston area
Reactions: ColdSteel