Post Your Tiffany Engagement Rings and Wedding Bands

It's a bar-set setting designed and patented by Jean Vitau, called 'Gemlok'. It used to be one of Tiffany's most popular wedding bands, but has since been retired. Today you can get this style new from Harry Winston or Gemlok themselves. VCA also used to sell this, hence you can find signed pieces from different major designers on auction/consignment sites if you keep an eye out! These settings have very distinctly shaped holes (azures) on the inside; not round, but like a candybar. It's easy to spot, besides the extra-fine bars.

TCW is around 3.2~3.3, with 16 diamonds of .20pts or just slightly over. About 4mm across, and 2mm tall. I really love this setting as I have not seen a lower setting at this size.

Thank you @mewt for your informative posts introducing this awesome setting style to me! I've been idly thinking of getting an eternity band for a while but had some reservations regarding comfort and durability; you've totally sold me on the Gemlok bar setting. I'm on a mission to find a good one on Ebay now! Do you mind if I message you for help?

Reactions: mewt
Thank you @mewt for your informative posts introducing this awesome setting style to me! I've been idly thinking of getting an eternity band for a while but had some reservations regarding comfort and durability; you've totally sold me on the Gemlok bar setting. I'm on a mission to find a good one on Ebay now! Do you mind if I message you for help?
Of course, you can message me if you see any interesting listings and I'll give you my nonprofessional opinion anytime! :P Hope you find one you love! I'm wearing mine now as I type, pretty much the only rings I wear now... for comfort and bling it's hard to beat.

Reactions: badgalnini
I wish I could afford this ring to get up and move on like you too !!! haha. This is gorgeous !!!
Well, what I was trying to say is, that aside from carat weights and price tags, all that matters is that someone else believed in that relationship enough to express that belief with a ring. That's what motivates me to keep going in difficult moments. It doesn't matter whether this ring has 1ct or 10ct. I was lucky enough to find someone (basically he found me) who thought I was worthy of this ring. But I think I would have married my husband for a 5ct ring too - lol!:giggle::yahoo:

Last edited: