Post your purse disasters here!

agggh, what posts!! Knock on wood I have not had a purse disaster *yet* other than one I bought about a year and a half ago that was a waste of $$.

OK, I DID recently get some dirt spots on the bottom of my LV Cabas Piano. I decided to travel with it for the first time and sure enough, the first night BF and I were at a corporate dinner which happened to be outside on a large lawn in Laguna Beach (sit down dinner). Gorgeous setting, but I was not careful in setting down my bag on the grass. I tried to put her down on her side but something must have happened and now there are a few small brown spots on the the vachetta bottom which I have yet to try to clean up with baby wipes. Guess I'm in denial - ?

he poured his green apple martini into -- I mean LITERALLY INTO-- my Louis Vuitton and completely ruined the inside of it.
GASP!!!! :cursing:

I would have LITERALLY broke my foot off in his behind. You couldn't have stopped me.

Heck, I'd have broke my foot of if I was there and saw him pour a drink in your bag!

What happened? Was the bag completely ruined (stupid question I know). When are you suing this guy?

I know this is off topic...but for VisciousBliss, :idea: you could ease the pain of your Bonnie loss by purchasing another bag with little Booey in mind.....something, like, say, "Hello Kitty".... That might help you through your sorrow. :idea:

GASP!!!! :cursing:

I would have LITERALLY broke my foot off in his behind. You couldn't have stopped me.

Heck, I'd have broke my foot of if I was there and saw him pour a drink in your bag!

What happened? Was the bag completely ruined (stupid question I know). When are you suing this guy?

He started laughing when he did it. I was IN SHOCK. I freaked out and I hit him, then he got kicked out of the bar by Amanda, the bartender, a friend of mine who loves Louis Vuitton and said even if she'd seen him do that to a $5 bag from Wal-Mart she'd still have kicked him out on his patootie.

He didn't even remember DOING it. He was trashed. What happened? I told his girlfriend, my best friend Liz, that her boyfriend was diddling his tennis instructor (which is who he was cheating on her with) and she dumped him. I wasn't gonna tell her. I was gonna let him do it, give him a week before I told her. That was the deal I offered him. But I told her, and to this day he doesn't go into the bar ("Suede") where it happened because Amanda is still bartending there and if she sees him she'll kick him out.

The green apple martini completely gunked up the raspberry alcantra lining of the Louis Vuitton. I cried. I took it to a professional but it was never the same. I still have it. It's still gunky and it still smells funny and the green tint is still on the lining.

:sad::crybaby:

oh, such horrible stories! I can't decide which is worse, someone intentionally ruining a handbag (the apple martinit in the LV story) or the toilet water horror! Both are just evil in their own ways, ykwim?

I shiver at the thought of either.

I've never had a disaster... knock on wood....

Three years ago, I was at an all-you-can-eat buffet with a group of friends. I was carrying my brand-new large butterfly Bulga, a really hot purse at the time. I also had been getting teased by my friends at how large it was.

Anyway, the dessert bar at the buffet had these amazing cookies, and everyone kept coaxing me to stuff my big new handbag with cookies to smuggle them out of the restaurant...I caved in and did it. Of course, they all got crumpled and broken IN MY BRAND NEW PURSE.

And I've never been able to get the gritty feeling of crumbs out of my purse to this day.

Ok mods, close this thread down because it cannot get any worse than carrie13's co-worker!!!!!!

And Bliss, I'd cry for you if you didn't have my sides splitting with laughter...you bring the funny woman! (The photochop of the kitty heart on your bag:roflmfao: , whoever did that....).

I mean it's bad and I'm really sorry, but your delivery is hilarious.

This didn't happen to me - was my coworkers purse disaster....I work part-time at a hospital and our office is directly under the outpatient laboratory. One day a couple weeks ago there were small drops of water coming from the ceiling. Maintenance was called and she was told it was a leaky pipe but not a big deal. Well later that day the ceiling let go and gross brown toilet water rained down all over her. :throwup: Everything was soaked - her hair, clothes, purse, wallet. Apparently people had been flushing the specimen cups which caused the toilet to backup and overflow. The whole office had to be decontaminated and she is getting a new purse/clothes out of it.

Thank God it didn't happen to me because I would not have handled it that well :cursing:

:throwup: I don't know how anyone can handle that well. At least she's getting a new purse and clothes...

My mishap was 10 years ago at my going away party. My co-workers took me out for drinks and after quite a few drinks and 5 Kamikaze shots, I decided I best be getting home. My future boss was there to celebrate and he was going to give me a ride home since we lived less than a mile away from each other. He had brought his NEW Corvette and on the way home, I had that feeling come over me, but we were on the freeway and there was no time to get him to pull off so I grabbed my Black Coach duffel bag and :throwup: :throwup: :throwup: inside. When we got home, he took me up to the door and told my DH, I wasn't feeling well. I went to bed, but at 3:30 I got up to take some aspirin and on the kitchen counter was my bag drying inside out. My DH:love: had taken all my stuff out of my bag and wallet and washed everything and put it out to dry..... Needless to say, the boss still laughed about that night for many years and I ended up giving the bag to goodwill. It didn't smell, but it was not a pleasant reminder :yucky: :shame: