Post your Nordstrom Rack finds! (read first post)

So today I scored an amazing bag at Nordstrom Rack in NYC. Valentino Clutch Rockstud Leather Clutch in black leather. It was there for $593 retail $1,795 and yes the tag says refurbished but it looks amazing and new. I saw it last night and decided to leave it. Then ran back over this morning and bought it. So happy View attachment 4190230View attachment 4190231View attachment 4190232

Amazing find, it looks like it’s in great shape!! Congrats [emoji173]️

I just spoke to an employee of Nordstrom rack. He said and showed me on his phone pictures of the wr designer shoes and handbags that came in recently. What I saw was several carts of high end designer shoes what looked like either hundreds or thousands of shoes on this cart. I had to ask how many of these items are the employees grabbing before the public gets inside of the store? He said 1 pair of shoes the employee are allowed to purchase. This employee did confirm certain customers might get a heads up when the merchandise is in the store. ***Disclaimer this is probably how the resellers get all the good merchandise! This person said what he just showed me the shoe sales for that day was at least 70,000. The large shipment of wr shoes and probably handbags comes in 4 times a year and its random. This employee said November they might receive the next large shipment of high end designer merchandise. Tjmaxx had their designer event around the same time Nordstrom Rack received their high end merchandise. I also noticed in the vicinity of these two Nordstrom Racks and the Tjmaxx a couple of consignment shops had a lot of high end designer merchandise.

I just spoke to an employee of Nordstrom rack. He said and showed me on his phone pictures of the wr designer shoes and handbags that came in recently. What I saw was several carts of high end designer shoes what looked like either hundreds or thousands of shoes on this cart. I had to ask how many of these items are the employees grabbing before the public gets inside of the store? He said 1 pair of shoes the employee are allowed to purchase. This employee did confirm certain customers might get a heads up when the merchandise is in the store. ***Disclaimer this is probably how the resellers get all the good merchandise! This person said what he just showed me the shoe sales for that day was at least 70,000. The large shipment of wr shoes and probably handbags comes in 4 times a year and its random. This employee said November they might receive the next large shipment of high end designer merchandise. Tjmaxx had their designer event around the same time Nordstrom Rack received their high end merchandise. I also noticed in the vicinity of these two Nordstrom Racks and the Tjmaxx a couple of consignment shops had a lot of high end designer merchandise.
What I'd like to know, is how are these volumes different than what came to Rack 3 years ago (2015). There were fewer Racks then also.
I used to find tremendous W&R bags at my Rack, all posted here- I got a bal, rockstud, McQueen Demanta, Burberry - you name it, in 2015. There were resellers then too, but so much inventory that more was available for me.

Back then, the full line stores stocked much more. There is very little inventory in the full line stores these days.

New member here, long time rack shopper. I'm loving seeing all of these finds, makes me want to hit the store more often.. haha. So the other day I went to return a Moncler polo (purchased at Nordstrom) to Nordstrom Rack, and the associate like low-key flipped out and was so excited. Under his breath he was like, I wonder how much this is going for.. or something like that. He started to scan the item. I thought he was talking to me, so I was like, what? He noticed me watching what he was doing, so he stopped trying to scan it and didn't proeed until I walked away. Obviously I didn't get an explanation for his reaction, but I'm guessing he was probably going to buy it when I left? I'm so curious.

So here's my question, when someone returns an item purchased at a normal Nordstrom to a Nordstrom Rack, what happens to it? Will it then be re-sold at that Nordstrom Rack? Will it be discounted? If not, I'm not really sure why the associate was so excited. He can just go buy one at full retail online..

Anyone have an answer to this?

New member here, long time rack shopper. I'm loving seeing all of these finds, makes me want to hit the store more often.. haha. So the other day I went to return a Moncler polo (purchased at Nordstrom) to Nordstrom Rack, and the associate like low-key flipped out and was so excited. Under his breath he was like, I wonder how much this is going for.. or something like that. He started to scan the item. I thought he was talking to me, so I was like, what? He noticed me watching what he was doing, so he stopped trying to scan it and didn't proeed until I walked away. Obviously I didn't get an explanation for his reaction, but I'm guessing he was probably going to buy it when I left? I'm so curious.

So here's my question, when someone returns an item purchased at a normal Nordstrom to a Nordstrom Rack, what happens to it? Will it then be re-sold at that Nordstrom Rack? Will it be discounted? If not, I'm not really sure why the associate was so excited. He can just go buy one at full retail online..

Anyone have an answer to this?
I am not sure when your return happened. I see signs at all my rack stores that they are no longer taking returns from regular Nordstrom stores. Maybe your local store is still doing it? I believe they are trying to stop this practice.

Years ago, a rack store manager told me, they were not allowed to sell main store returns at all (at msrp or discounted). The items get transferred back to Nordstrom stores. I am not sure if this is the case with your store.

Regardless, if the item isn't on sale in the Nordstrom system. It would scan up as regular price even on the rack system.

I am not sure when your return happened. I see signs at all my rack stores that they are no longer taking returns from regular Nordstrom stores. Maybe your local store is still doing it? I believe they are trying to stop this practice.

Years ago, a rack store manager told me, they were not allowed to sell main store returns at all (at msrp or discounted). The items get transferred back to Nordstrom stores. I am not sure if this is the case with your store.

Regardless, if the item isn't on sale in the Nordstrom system. It would scan up as regular price even on the rack system.

This was 2 weeks ago? I've never seen any signs like that in any Nordstrom Rack that I've been in. Nordstrom is further away from me that the rack, so I'd hate to see this happen..

Thanks for the info, it's good to know! But I've just got to wonder what that employee was up to, you know?

Has anyone seen Nordstrom's new loyalty program? There are a few changes, the one most pertinent to this thread being that now Cardmembers have early access to Clear the Rack. It looks like Nordstrom will launch "Nordy Club" (that's the name of the program......) in October.

Now that you say that, I remember doing a focus group on this and ranking the name of the “club” and the perks. Unfortunately it was so long ago I don’t remember the options. Where did you find info on this?? I’m level 3 right now so curious how this is fitting with their current rewards

Has anyone seen Nordstrom's new loyalty program? There are a few changes, the one most pertinent to this thread being that now Cardmembers have early access to Clear the Rack. It looks like Nordstrom will launch "Nordy Club" (that's the name of the program......) in October.
Sounds pretty good... I was excited until I thought about it... I think most resellers already are cardholders so competition will remain about the same...