Post your Nordstrom Rack bargains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man! I'm so glad to see a thread for Nordstrom Rack was made! I freaking love NR like nobody's business! The one I always go to sometimes is a hit or miss tho.But the times I go there I usually am lucky in finding some good things. I don't even know how much things I've bought from NR. lol. But yeah I've mostly gotten accessory stuff like bags (not many tho), sunglasses, and other stuff. I went through pics and stuff and found some things that I've bought. And I know you guys wanna see pics so below are some of what I found.

Ok so prices if I can remember. lol. The burberry scarf and wristlet is $80 and $100 +, m by mj watch necklaces $60, ysl sunglasses $89 with 50% off, lamb bag $254, and sw sandals $69.

So yeah those are some things I've bought at NR. I'd love to see pics of what you guys bought! Very curious!

Attachments

• bur.jpg
    bur.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 1,404
  • necklaces2.jpg
    necklaces2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 1,336
  • ysl-1.jpg
    ysl-1.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,373
  • purse.jpg
    purse.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,411
  • DSC03908.jpg
    DSC03908.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,322
Last edited:
I've been playing with a new watermarking software - so please accept my apologies it has taken me so long to upload.

My store has a designer section attached, but tends to have any designer bags in the main body of the store - the designer section is just for clothing. Basically, I saw this bag in the clearance section, without a tag, and without it's original snakechain strap. The only other designer bag in the store was a EcoFerragamo (apparently they did have McQueen bags on Thursday - but a woman purchased 117 of them. They shipped them in for her from every store in the state!! I didn't know that the Rack catered to resellers, but it made me sick).
It looked lonely... so I held onto it while I was shopping. I am on a ban. I have too many bags, I'm try to sell 7 bags without any luck at all, and I so shouldn't buy a new bag! But... I promised myself - if it is priced under $150, then it is a gift from the shopping gods, and I should accept it with an open heart and mind.

I came up to the register - and there was an insane line. But, I waited, clutching my pair of shoes, my bag, and a small baby toy for one of my coworkers. (The later being the ostensible reason I was there)
The handbag department manager and the designer manager had both left for the day, so the apparel manager came up.
She started to price it for $120 - but she saw I was interested. She apologized to me, telling me that it was a very expensive brand, and she couldn't price it any cheaper than that. She then told the sales associate that it was a final sale item, and 50% off. :graucho:

I was dancing all the way to the car. So, without further ado:

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 2,960
I've been playing with a new watermarking software - so please accept my apologies it has taken me so long to upload.

My store has a designer section attached, but tends to have any designer bags in the main body of the store - the designer section is just for clothing. Basically, I saw this bag in the clearance section, without a tag, and without it's original snakechain strap. The only other designer bag in the store was a EcoFerragamo (apparently they did have McQueen bags on Thursday - but a woman purchased 117 of them. They shipped them in for her from every store in the state!! I didn't know that the Rack catered to resellers, but it made me sick).
It looked lonely... so I held onto it while I was shopping. I am on a ban. I have too many bags, I'm try to sell 7 bags without any luck at all, and I so shouldn't buy a new bag! But... I promised myself - if it is priced under $150, then it is a gift from the shopping gods, and I should accept it with an open heart and mind.

I came up to the register - and there was an insane line. But, I waited, clutching my pair of shoes, my bag, and a small baby toy for one of my coworkers. (The later being the ostensible reason I was there)
The handbag department manager and the designer manager had both left for the day, so the apparel manager came up.
She started to price it for $120 - but she saw I was interested. She apologized to me, telling me that it was a very expensive brand, and she couldn't price it any cheaper than that. She then told the sales associate that it was a final sale item, and 50% off. :graucho:

I was dancing all the way to the car. So, without further ado:

attachment.php

I work for the Rack division...117 is a really high number of McQueen bags! I hope they were exaggerating because I don't know anyone that would personally call every store for the customer without commission to ship her that many bags. We're not supposed to sell to resellers, it's on the sign at customer service. I called about 5 stores with the designer event and they all said they didn't have McQueen :tdown:
It makes me mad when resellers come in and try to buy in bulk, because then our loyal and new customers feel as if we don't have good things left and they don't come back as often!

Found these Cole Haan Nike Air Pumps for $49 for the black pair and $70 for the nude pair. Original price: $298 each. I've been looking for comfortable pumps to wear to work and was so happy to find these in size 5 for such a steal!:yahoo:
These are by far the most comfortable heals I have.

DSC02365.jpg

DSC02371.jpg

I work for the Rack division...117 is a really high number of McQueen bags! I hope they were exaggerating because I don't know anyone that would personally call every store for the customer without commission to ship her that many bags. We're not supposed to sell to resellers, it's on the sign at customer service. I called about 5 stores with the designer event and they all said they didn't have McQueen :tdown:
It makes me mad when resellers come in and try to buy in bulk, because then our loyal and new customers feel as if we don't have good things left and they don't come back as often!

Absolutely. And, I am one of them. Everytime I have gone into the Rack in Westbury, NY it's been dirty and had very little to nothing worth visiting it for. It's definitly never seen an Alexander McQueen.

I would never guess Rack had designer events. If they do, I'd be very interested. The Off Saks in the same building always has marvelous things. I was told that it gets the most high end items - Chanel, Marchessa, Chloe - of the Long Island stores because there was such a strong upscale market in the area. Walking into Rack, which is just downstairs in the same building, one would think it was a depressed area.

Last edited:
I suspect that the number was much closer to 17 than 117! I was relying on the report from a rather silly SA in the bag department.

My area is where three cities have grown into each other over the decades. One is an appearance-conscious, wealth saturated area; it is next to a town which is half very poor area and half working class; they border a college town. One of the Rack locations is in the wealthy area and the other is in the working class area. The wealthy area received the McQueen shoes and bags back in December. The wealthy area sold 3/4 of them by the end of January, and transferred the rest to the other store - who held onto them until the morning after we lost McQueen. At which point one person bought everything.

I admit that I was incredibly frustrated - It's silly to go to a store if you won't find anything you want to buy

Some racks get a lot of designer and some are instructed to ship them to such racks if the receive pieces accidentally. I encourage you to leave your feedback to corporate or store manager if you guys have an opinion about resellers! I agree with you all and maybe we can't control what we get (never Chanel accessories and clothes but sometimes shoes) but still express your irritation if you see people obviously reselling, puts pressure on the managers. And it doesn't hurt to buddy up with an associate at any retailer, I've called customers who I know love clothes as much as I do when we get something in.

And btw, all racks occasionally receive designer bags, but some more often. We in the bay area got 3 gucci bags in (didn't see them) and I was told they sold immediately. It is worth it to go just gotta be lucky! Other brand bags are chloe, dolce and gabbana, Versace, louboutin, marni, ysl, jimmy choo, marc Jacobs, Burberry that we sometimes get.

Status
Not open for further replies.