** Post your non-Hermes indulgences here !! **

Bumping up this lovely thread...
I have been drooling over these shoes for quite some time, but never took the plunge because any mocassin or loafer-type shoe I've ever tried caused me pain and even lead to minor surgery in one case... Its very challenging finding shoes for me because I have a deformity on my heels (kind of a bump) which means I have to wear a size up and anything with hard backs is out of the question...sad because I love loafers.
I heard a lot of people say these Gucci loafers are their most comfortable, favourite shoes ever so I decided to try. Unfortunately, Korea, where I live, doesn't import sizes larger than 39, which is my size but I need to wear 40 and even 41 due to aforementioned problem...so I wasn't hopeful. But I'd recently tried out the thick-socks-and-hairdryer shoe stretching technique with a rather tight pair of flats and it worked very well, so I thought that I'd get the 39 and, worst case scenario, I'd run through this technique again.
They didn't even have the 39 at any of the stores close to my house so I asked them to order it from the warehouse, which was very nerve-jangling as you have to pay in full in advance. The SA was very nice and said that if they didn't fit I could get a refund, but I was still worried. Fast forward to yesterday, the SA called me and let me know they arrived! I tried them on and they were so comfy! I didn't even need to stretch them! I wore them out today and the only negative was that one of my pinkies were slightly sore, which I suspect had to do with residual soreness from walking all day in narrow trainers yesterday anyhow. I am ecstatic! I always feel left out with shoes, because there are so many beautiful designs I cannot wear because it hurts. So every time I find a special pair I am over the moon :heart::heart::heart:

20170314_090456_zpsgl39tpub.jpg

20170314_093657_zpsjie6glq1.jpg

20170314_093731_zpsmabqgozc.jpg

Watch is Hermes, btw, as this is an H forum, decided I'd sneak it in :angel::angel::angel:

They also have a higher heel version. I am not a heel person, lower the better, and this height is perfect for me. Sometimes mid-heel can look dated but these flatter the legs so much, especially the calves, and look so edgy, totally my style :biggrin:
If any of you have finicky, grumpy, painful feet, don't be shy to try these! You will love! And if your feet don't complain much, you are a very lucky person, go celebrate the fact with a pair of these! :cool:

I have been drooling over these shoes for quite some time, but never took the plunge because any mocassin or loafer-type shoe I've ever tried caused me pain and even lead to minor surgery in one case... Its very challenging finding shoes for me because I have a deformity on my heels (kind of a bump) which means I have to wear a size up and anything with hard backs is out of the question...sad because I love loafers.
I heard a lot of people say these Gucci loafers are their most comfortable, favourite shoes ever so I decided to try. Unfortunately, Korea, where I live, doesn't import sizes larger than 39, which is my size but I need to wear 40 and even 41 due to aforementioned problem...so I wasn't hopeful. But I'd recently tried out the thick-socks-and-hairdryer shoe stretching technique with a rather tight pair of flats and it worked very well, so I thought that I'd get the 39 and, worst case scenario, I'd run through this technique again.
They didn't even have the 39 at any of the stores close to my house so I asked them to order it from the warehouse, which was very nerve-jangling as you have to pay in full in advance. The SA was very nice and said that if they didn't fit I could get a refund, but I was still worried. Fast forward to yesterday, the SA called me and let me know they arrived! I tried them on and they were so comfy! I didn't even need to stretch them! I wore them out today and the only negative was that one of my pinkies were slightly sore, which I suspect had to do with residual soreness from walking all day in narrow trainers yesterday anyhow. I am ecstatic! I always feel left out with shoes, because there are so many beautiful designs I cannot wear because it hurts. So every time I find a special pair I am over the moon :heart::heart::heart:

Watch is Hermes, btw, as this is an H forum, decided I'd sneak it in :angel::angel::angel:

They also have a higher heel version. I am not a heel person, lower the better, and this height is perfect for me. Sometimes mid-heel can look dated but these flatter the legs so much, especially the calves, and look so edgy, totally my style :biggrin:
If any of you have finicky, grumpy, painful feet, don't be shy to try these! You will love! And if your feet don't complain much, you are a very lucky person, go celebrate the fact with a pair of these! :cool:

snowbuns, love this post ~ and your bunnie nail polish and the pearl heel on your new Gucci loafer are tdf!
Never considered these Gucci loafers before but will look more closely at them because I love low-to-mid heels these days. :heart:

Reactions: snowbuns

Love the shoes, but I have a question about your watch. What size is it?

Reactions: snowbuns
How do you stretch the shoes up two sizes with a hair dryer and socks?

I don't think it could manage two shoe sizes, but it can certainly do a size in a shoe that is on the bigger side for its size (i.e. some brands' 39 is another brands' 40). The technique works with leather shoes because it can stretch when heated. You basically put on a pair of very thick socks, or two pairs, as thick as can fit, put the shoes on, and heat them with a hair dryer for 30 seconds each, then wait for them to cool while still on your feet.
I had a size 40 Charlotte Olympia kitty pair that were painfully tight. Unwearable. Used this technique just once and they are perfectly comfy. The Gucci loafers are big for their size (their 39 is like a lot of brands' 40), and the loafer also has a very broad front. So there's a lot of wiggling room and if I wanted to, I could have stretched them. Now if I had, say, a size 38 shoe I probably wouldn't be able to stretch it to wearable size.

Reactions: BBC and andee
I don't think it could manage two shoe sizes, but it can certainly do a size in a shoe that is on the bigger side for its size (i.e. some brands' 39 is another brands' 40). The technique works with leather shoes because it can stretch when heated. You basically put on a pair of very thick socks, or two pairs, as thick as can fit, put the shoes on, and heat them with a hair dryer for 30 seconds each, then wait for them to cool while still on your feet.
I had a size 40 Charlotte Olympia kitty pair that was painfully tight. Unwearable. Used this technique just once and they are perfectly comfy. The Gucci loafers are big for their size (their 39 is like a lot of brands' 40), and the loafer also has a very broad front. So there's a lot of wiggling room and if I wanted to, I could have stretched them. Now if I had, say, a size 38 shoe I probably wouldn't be able to stretch it to a wearable size.

Thank you so much for the clarification. I will give it a try on some of
my 40-year-old Gucci shoes. These are the days when Gucci was so small that you or most likely your parents would go to Italy and buy them on their trips to Europe.
The sizes were all over the place, but the shoes were magnificent. Hand made!!!
The Gucci today is another story and ruined by the greedy family and LVMH.

Reactions: BBC and snowbuns
View attachment 3635061

My new Church's shoes ! Have been eyeing them for the past 2 years before taking the plunge ! Not into heels these days... i intend to wear them with boyfriend jeans, white shirt and a bb vintage constance ! Thanks for letting me share !

Wow! I love oxfords type shoes, add an edge to anything and quite comfy! Pairing with vintage constance will be bomb! Congrats, wear them in the best of health!

I want these. Do they have an on line link?

I think you can find them on net a porter or mytheresa. Not all the sizes are available everywhere. I got mine at stylebop. The Reference is "the burwood" and mine are studded but they also exist in plain and in différent Colors. A friend of Mine got them on sale in navy on 58m. Hope that helps !