Post your Hautelook.com nightmares...

*Heather*

TIME OUT
Aug 9, 2009
I am wondering how many of you have ordered from Hautelook.com to have a completely different item show up, or it was not as expected. This month, I have ordered quite a few things, and so far:

The James Perse top I purchased came in a different color than what I ordered.

The Loveappella dress I ordered was a completely different design.

The Laura Gellar Glow n Behold products were USED! :sick:

Their customer service is lacking, so I am done shopping with them. Can some of you chime in and tell about your bad experiences, or am I just unlucky. I really like some of the things they offer, but one too many clothing items came looking worn already. Seems to be too much of a gamble shopping with them. But the Saachi scarf I ordered was beautiful :smile:

I've ordered a few things and never had a problem at all, very happy with what I received. I don't think their discounts are as good as say Vente Privee or Gilt but they do have more variety and more quantities of each item.

I ordered some sunglasses and they were the wrong color. I was disappointed but customer service allowed me to ship them back free and promptly refunded my money. I have ordered other things that I was pleased with but it takes a long time for their orders to get to you.

I once ordered a Gucci bag, and the nice lady on the Gucci forum confirmed that it was a fake. When I contacted customer service, they were very willing to refund every penny, but the creepy thing is that of the three representatives that I've talked with, none of them directly addressed the authenticity issue, which makes me wonder if they had known about the site selling fakes, and are instructed to not speak about it.

I used to shop with them a lot, maybe 2 years ago or so, but had several customer service problems and stopped. I thought Nords bought them so I'm surprised there are still issues, though.

I am wondering how many of you have ordered from Hautelook.com to have a completely different item show up, or it was not as expected. This month, I have ordered quite a few things, and so far:

The James Perse top I purchased came in a different color than what I ordered.

The Loveappella dress I ordered was a completely different design.

The Laura Gellar Glow n Behold products were USED! :sick:

Their customer service is lacking, so I am done shopping with them. Can some of you chime in and tell about your bad experiences, or am I just unlucky. I really like some of the things they offer, but one too many clothing items came looking worn already. Seems to be too much of a gamble shopping with them. But the Saachi scarf I ordered was beautiful :smile:

I purchased a couple pairs of Jeans from them over a year ago and it took over a month to receive my order after my card was charged. I prefer Rue LaLa so I haven't purchased from them after that 1st and only time.

I purchased a couple pairs of Jeans from them over a year ago and it took over a month to receive my order after my card was charged. I prefer Rue LaLa so I haven't purchased from them after that 1st and only time.

It usually takes that long because the company ships it to hautelook and then hautelook ships it to you.

I once ordered a Gucci bag, and the nice lady on the Gucci forum confirmed that it was a fake. When I contacted customer service, they were very willing to refund every penny, but the creepy thing is that of the three representatives that I've talked with, none of them directly addressed the authenticity issue, which makes me wonder if they had known about the site selling fakes, and are instructed to not speak about it.
Hautelook is owned by Nordstrom, so I don't think they knowingly sold you a fake, it was probably a scam that crappy people do. They buy the real bag and return a fake.

I've ordered from them a few times and had decent experiences. Shipping is expensive, but fairly quick (their distribution center isn't too far away from me, though, only a few hours drive), and I've never had to return anything.

They had rayban on sale today. I used the iPhone app which ran slow. It told me there was nothing in my cart when I placed an order so I used the computer and successfully placed an order. I then check my email and see the first order went through.

They got rid of the first order no problem. It was a bit of a pain but worth it because I was able to get the wayfarers with the grey lenses(the first order were green lenses and the second were grey)

I have a shopping business in LA and in general all these discounted sites are what I consider scams. Meaning they aren't really that great of a deal. Usually these products are out there already someplace else for less. I have talked to several manufacturers who make items specifically for the purpose of selling with these various people. In that case, the items are really at full price.

These flash sites require the seller to share 50/50 profits and they also need to tie up inventory while they prepare the event which can take months. Occasionally there is a legit sale or a killer deal, but I think you really need to know your prices to take advantage of this.

These flash sites were started during the recession to help manufacturers dump extra inventory and have turned into something a bit different.

I have a shopping business in LA and in general all these discounted sites are what I consider scams. Meaning they aren't really that great of a deal. Usually these products are out there already someplace else for less. I have talked to several manufacturers who make items specifically for the purpose of selling with these various people. In that case, the items are really at full price.

These flash sites require the seller to share 50/50 profits and they also need to tie up inventory while they prepare the event which can take months. Occasionally there is a legit sale or a killer deal, but I think you really need to know your prices to take advantage of this.

These flash sites were started during the recession to help manufacturers dump extra inventory and have turned into something a bit different.
Yeah so I don't agree with your assessment of Hautelook as a scam. I have never had a problem as it is owned by Nordstrom and the customer service has been impeccable. I have asked why some items take a long time to receive and was advised that in quite a few cases, they will take orders for items that a manufacturer has and submit the order, which is then processed and shipped. In some cases, the manufacturer will make the items for specific items too. That's why sometimes your order status may say receiving at warehouse instead of you getting an immediate ship notice any why it may take up to 3 or 4 weeks to receive.
Regardless, my experience has been positive and they have some great prices. Love Hautelook! And no I don't work for them but I do investigate things!!! Especially when prices seem too good to be true.