post your fave reusable bag

bellsbells

Nov 21, 2012
Trying to be as green as possible, I always carry a reusable bag in my purse. It serves mostly for shopping, but sometimes I have to carry around things that don't fit in my purse and end up using it as a 2nd purse.

Therefore I want it to be
(1) fashionable enough to look good with my LV or Celine bag
(2) compact enough when folded down to fit in a small bag like the Celine Trio
(3) able to be worn on the shoulder

So far, I haven't found the right bag. I have one from American Apparel that is OK, but it's so wrinkly looking, and when you tuck it into its pocket it's fat like a tennis ball.

Any ideas? A perfect material would be a fine, strong mesh that folds down to nothing, but I haven't found anything like this.

this isn't high class by any means but I love it, my mum bought it for me and with it's branding i thought it was a bit naff, but the size is brilliant, it's very easy to fold back up and its VERY strong, also can be worn on shoulder which is a priority for me too
http://www.harrods.com/product/shoe...fts-shoppers&cat3=new-gifts-shoppers-packable

Lulu Guinness does a nice one which folds into the shape of lips, i loved it when i saw it in House of Fraser but when i unzipped it i couldn't get it back into the lips shape again so that put a dampener on it for me

Envriosax are perfect - for me, anyway. Pretty colours, fit over the shoulder - I can fit my Balenciaga Work (not a small bag!) in there with no problem.

Thanks for the ideas. I had a look at the Harrods one, but that looks similar to a lot of others I've seen that are nice and flat when you buy them, but IRL they end up all fat and poofy when you squish the bag back into them. If I want to be able to fit the reusable bag into my Celine Trio (a bag made of 3 flat pouches) it must not be bulky when folded, ideally not more than 1 inch thick.

Regarding the Envirosax: how much of a pain is it to roll them up? I usually don't have the time or patience to find a flat surface and carefully fold/roll the bag....

I know this is probably unrealistic, but I thought I'd ask in case this kind of bag actually does exist! Ideally, it would be made of some ultra-tough but lightweight mesh and would crumple up into a tiny ball or tube.

2wf1vmq.jpg

210hd7s.jpg

The color is really shocking, but I love it :giggles:

Regarding the Envirosax: how much of a pain is it to roll them up? I usually don't have the time or patience to find a flat surface and carefully fold/roll the bag....
Envirosax are very easy to roll and weigh nothing. I highly recommend them.
Baggu is another option, but I don't like how it doesn't lay flat because they put the handles on the seamed sides for some reason.

Thanks for the ideas... Baggu is available here in Paris but I can't find anyone who sells Envirosax. I really wish a luxury brand would come out with a compact reusable bag! Both green and stylish, a no brainer!

ETA: better yet, a major luxury brand should take the initiative to design a robust and compact reusable bag, and include one with the sale of every one of their handbags.

Thanks for the ideas. I had a look at the Harrods one, but that looks similar to a lot of others I've seen that are nice and flat when you buy them, but IRL they end up all fat and poofy when you squish the bag back into them. If I want to be able to fit the reusable bag into my Celine Trio (a bag made of 3 flat pouches) it must not be bulky when folded, ideally not more than 1 inch thick.

I know this is probably unrealistic, but I thought I'd ask in case this kind of bag actually does exist! Ideally, it would be made of some ultra-tough but lightweight mesh and would crumple up into a tiny ball or tube.

the Harrods one, and therefore any others of similar size, IMO definitely are not more than an inch thick when you repack them, i'm not a neat 're-packer' and i'd say it doesn't reach more then 1.5cm thickness when repacked (even untidily), plus as its soft it squishes pretty flat if you put it in a small space, I can fit mine in the inside pocket of a Mulberry Alexa. If you see any like this that don't have a Harrods branding but are as nice (I like the shoes design) let me know :biggrin: