Post your Etsy jewelry finds!

Here's a better picture of the necklace... I bought a couple more things on etsy that I'll post pictures of next week:smile:

thats nice. I will never trust Etsy again though. I am 100 out of pocket for bracelets that I didnt receive. Paypal wont refund me cos its over 45 days. Going to try to email the seller again or send her a letter as have her UK address! So cheesed off!

thats nice. I will never trust Etsy again though. I am 100 out of pocket for bracelets that I didnt receive. Paypal wont refund me cos its over 45 days. Going to try to email the seller again or send her a letter as have her UK address! So cheesed off!

The seller is the problem, not Etsy. Plus, PayPal has their policies clearly marked and updated on a regular basis with notifications. In fact, one's account cannot be accessed until policy changes and updates are approved by the account-holder. 45 days after purchase is more than enough time to file a complaint and escalate almost immediately to a claim. And then it takes only seven to ten days to obtain a refund... from PayPal, who either collects from the seller by locking their account until the funds in question are made good, writes off the refund as a business expense, or adds the loss to their insurance claims.

So, words of wisdom to online buyers: PayPal is your friend, a friend to be used and who wants to be used. Use it wisely. :biggrin:

Reactions: LVoeletters
The seller is the problem, not Etsy. Plus, PayPal has their policies clearly marked and updated on a regular basis with notifications. In fact, one's account cannot be accessed until policy changes and updates are approved by the account-holder. 45 days after purchase is more than enough time to file a complaint and escalate almost immediately to a claim. And then it takes only seven to ten days to obtain a refund... from PayPal, who either collects from the seller by locking their account until the funds in question are made good, writes off the refund as a business expense, or adds the loss to their insurance claims.

So, words of wisdom to online buyers: PayPal is your friend, a friend to be used and who wants to be used. Use it wisely. :biggrin:

Thanks for the tip, This is the first time I've bought things from Etsy. I hope this doesn't happen with me, I bought a couple things in mid January that are going to come from China, and they didn't ship it until this weekend, because of Chinese new year. So if that happens to me Paypal won't be of help to me.

My story is a complicated one. I sent back the bracelets. Not satisfied with the sizing. In other words the seller bull ****ted abt the measurements!! It was 7.5 not 6.5. So she said send them back. She will try to make smaller sizes. It took abt six wks to get the darn bracelets. i sent them back. She still had not received.them. then a few wks later I see she has disappeared! So fm say end oct to jan. This was all happening. So how can the 45 cooling off period work for me when all up has taken three.months??? Bloody not fair! I had sent them back expecting replacements. Now i have no new bracelets nor my money!

My story is a complicated one. I sent back the bracelets. Not satisfied with the sizing. In other words the seller bull ****ted abt the measurements!! It was 7.5 not 6.5. So she said send them back. She will try to make smaller sizes. It took abt six wks to get the darn bracelets. i sent them back. She still had not received.them. then a few wks later I see she has disappeared! So fm say end oct to jan. This was all happening. So how can the 45 cooling off period work for me when all up has taken three.months??? Bloody not fair! I had sent them back expecting replacements. Now i have no new bracelets nor my money!

So you live international and the seller lives state side? Did this person have a lot of reviews or sales??

Unfortunately, it is a "buyer beware" market. However, PayPal allows for your circumstance when a complaint is filed immediately upon discovery of a problem. A complaint is much different than a claim. A complaint allows contingencies. The form provides a section for a summary of the problem, plus a mechanism to attach a jpg of the return-postage receipt, and a Customs Number and/or Tracking Number. This would have locked the sellers account until the problem was settled on their end. This means no money coming in or going out for the seller; an excellent incentive to solve the situation to the buyer's satisfaction. But ultimately, it is up to the buyer to watch the calendar and escalate the complaint to a claim in the proper amount of time.

I'm sorry this happened to you, but that you shared it here will hopefully help others to avoid the same problem. And again, the problem had nothing to do with Etsy other than being a third-party venue.

So you live international and the seller lives state side? Did this person have a lot of reviews or sales??

Yep she had a few good, mainly bad reviews. another girl saying how she promised to send out a certain date only to find out she sends weeks later and then the buyer had moved! so she did not get her bracelets either!!!