Post your BV Ready To Wear

This is a gorgeous design. I love a great V-neck!

Have any of you dealt with BV for RTW repairs? I have a BV cardigan that has a snag in it (broken threads), so I cannot just ease the threads back into place. I've bought some invisible thread to try and repair it myself, but I'm a little daunted by the task. I've called a few tailors near me, but I haven't found anyone who will do the work, saying that sweater repair is beyond their scope. I need to start calling around again, because I'd like to be able to wear it. I only got a few wears before the snag.
Blue iris, if I remember correctly you’re a knitter. If you can find a yarn that matches closely you could duplicate stitch around and over the snag. It’ll reinforce the area. Another fix, providing you find yarn that matches, is to pick out the broken threads above and below the snag and reknit that spot using Kitchener stitch to join. Honestly, the biggest problem with repairing Knits is finding a matching yarn. Given that it’s an expensive garment perhaps they included some extra thread?

Blue iris, if I remember correctly you’re a knitter. If you can find a yarn that matches closely you could duplicate stitch around and over the snag. It’ll reinforce the area. Another fix, providing you find yarn that matches, is to pick out the broken threads above and below the snag and reknit that spot using Kitchener stitch to join. Honestly, the biggest problem with repairing Knits is finding a matching yarn. Given that it’s an expensive garment perhaps they included some extra thread?

You have a good memory; I am a knitter, yes! I had the same ideas, though I’ve only done Kitchener stitch a few times and it’s not second-nature to me. The main problem is the scale. The gauge is insanely tiny, finer than laceweight (it’s a sort of sheer inset detail). That’s why I picked up some invisible thread. It might work, but I’m very afraid of ruining it.

@blueiris

I have tried it many times. Alterations and repairs are free.

This is great to hear. Thanks for letting me know! I will bring it back to the boutique.

Reactions: sngsk
View attachment 4529396
View attachment 4529393

S/S 2017 Sweater
S/S 2017 Skirt (I love the skirt! the holes and embellishments were handpieced!)
Also forgive the band aid in my toe. I hiked for 9 straight days and I tripped my foot almost 30 times.
The scarf was from SS 2015. Chartreuse

Cruise 19 Dress in Hibiscus
lovely look :tup:
the skirt is very cool and the sweater is timeless and tres chic!
you have a great taste :loveeyes: