POST Your Balenciaga Finds - NO CHAT/COMMENTS

fashion-cult

Dec 4, 2006
Post Your Balenciaga Finds from around the web here!

You may NOT post your own items.

NO chat/comments.

Post ONLY the item info.​

for auction/resale items:
- post only the item name and link
- authenticate the item before posting

for store items, please include:
- the store name
- location, phone number
- items available
- prices
(or see http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...yle-numbers-prices-all-balenciaga-144151.html)

Off-topic chat, please go here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-bbag-chat-room.574367/page-501#post-35735038

CHAT about finds here: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/chat-about-balenciaga-finds.1066415/

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, it could also be one of those "Balenciaga 'batches'" issues! As we all know, Balenciaga (especially when they started producing a LOT more bags for a season), would make them in batches. In 2007 S/S, when Balenciaga made the Anthracite bags, there was a LOT of discussion on the color .. some were more 'pure' Grey while others complained that their bag had a distinct Teal background hue. Some folks preferred the 'true Grey' and others preferred the 'Teal' version .. and seeing many pictures, boy .. they were right.

1. Picture #1 is my 2011 F/W Coquelicot which, to me (my eyes) does present as a "True Red".
  2. Picture #2 is my 2011 F/W Coquelicot (bottom) compared to the 2015 F/W Rouge Lipstick (top) and as you can see, they are pretty darn close (pic was taken outside so that I could get the best lighting)!
Some of Bal's colors (especially in the Blues) can take on different hues depending on the lighting (Outremer and Bleu Lavande come to mind); one of the things that I kind of liked about the Balenciaga colors .. they keep us guessing!!

View attachment 5398221View attachment 5398222
Lighting does make a huge difference, which is why the hunt for a particular shade can be such a challenge when you cant see the tags! Here's my 2011 coq indoors and out...

DSC_0573.JPGDSC_0567.JPG

Lighting does make a huge difference, which is why the hunt for a particular shade can be such a challenge when you cant see the tags! Here's my 2011 coq indoors and out...

View attachment 5398231View attachment 5398232
WOW!!! .. what a huge difference and totally agree that in the sunlight, yours definitely looks Red with an orange undertone! Sheesh, Balenciaga even gives us a hard time on the Red colors!!!! :hugs:

Reactions: Kmora and muchstuff
WTH is going on with Fashionphile?!?!?! .. it seems like they are routinely screwing up with the leather type; for instance - this 2007 S/S Black Weekender is Chevre, not Agneau!!!!! When I first looked at the leather, I thought .. "NOPE, no way is this Agneau"!! Sure enough - a 'V' Tag ..
https://www.fashionphile.com/p/balenciaga-agneau-classic-hardware-weekender-black-1004419

would you consider this a good price? or should i hold out?
it's got a few knicks and scratches but it seems to be in pretty good shape for being 15 years old.

would you consider this a good price? or should i hold out?
it's got a few knicks and scratches but it seems to be in pretty good shape for being 15 years old.
The ONLY issue that I see, is that the tassels are cut (that bugs the sh!t out of me - DON'T TOUCH THE STINKIN' TASSELS!!!!). They also don't mention that the Mirror is included, so chances are, it's not (I kind of like to have all the bits & parts, but I know others don't find that to be a game-changer). Other than that, the leather seems to be VERY nice and you might be able to find a pair of black tassels around (either on TPF or eBay, etc.).

How is this a price reduction? Did they mess up the prices or? This is one of the pretties I was following when researching on multiple websites. Not sure I’d buy from them but man, they have some beauties!

View attachment 5399818

Bought multiple times from them. Only ever had one sucky occasion, all other transactions went smoothly. Their "authentication service" is bull, though...
You can save that extra money towards a much better authentication. They do have nice discounts at times.

Reactions: andral5
@andral5
Oops, messed up the format...

Here's my reply

Bought multiple times from them. Only ever had one sucky occasion, all other transactions went smoothly. Their "authentication service" is bull, though...
You can save that extra money towards a much better authentication. They do have nice discounts at times.
I've bought 2 bags from them this year. Had a good experience with each of them.

Reactions: andral5
@andral5
Oops, messed up the format...

Here's my reply

I've never purchased from them but would like to. The sellers I have contacted don't provide the photos necessary to authenticate before purchase. After I ask once or twice, I give up. I'll have to look into their return policy if something ends up being fake after purchase - although it's such a hassle to return stuff and I'm basically lazy, lol.