Post your 2021 July Jewels Here!!

What an awesome July everyone's had

This is a sentimental pre-loved haul. I guess I even have to call them vintage at this point :shocked:

I first got into fashion and luxury in 2003/4 and Marc's LV work fascinated me. For S/S04 he did the "Desert Goddess" campaign with Theda as the headline runway piece. This frankly odd-looking bag captivated me for some reason and 14-year-old me would go by the store just to look at 'em. 17 years later I'm stoked to have scored an excellent deal on two pre-loved ones, even an exotic :panic:

They aren't very practical and my plain style doesn't match their energy but I don't care :biggrin:

Theda GM, silk-screened suede goatskin, ostrich trim and gold silk lining
View attachment 5146364 View attachment 5146365 View attachment 5146367 View attachment 5146368

Theda GM, Monogram Multicolore white (my own random strap)
View attachment 5146369 View attachment 5146370 View attachment 5146371
I am loving these. Congrats. Agree with you the bag is not too practical but it is beautiful

What an awesome July everyone's had

This is a sentimental pre-loved haul. I guess I even have to call them vintage at this point :shocked:

I first got into fashion and luxury in 2003/4 and Marc's LV work fascinated me. For S/S04 he did the "Desert Goddess" campaign with Theda as the headline runway piece. This frankly odd-looking bag captivated me for some reason and 14-year-old me would go by the store just to look at 'em. 17 years later I'm stoked to have scored an excellent deal on two pre-loved ones, even an exotic :panic:

They aren't very practical and my plain style doesn't match their energy but I don't care :biggrin:

Theda GM, silk-screened suede goatskin, ostrich trim and gold silk lining
View attachment 5146364 View attachment 5146365 View attachment 5146367 View attachment 5146368

Theda GM, Monogram Multicolore white (my own random strap)
View attachment 5146369 View attachment 5146370 View attachment 5146371
yay! Lovely bags, and 14 yo you is now thrilled and happy! :P amazing how so many years ago you just knew, and here you are after waiting all this time. Congrats!

I was so taken by the pink WAH hat I made a complete impulse buy! It arrived today, and it’s gorgeous, but I didn’t realize that under the brim appears to be very thin vachetta leather (and I didn’t read carefully before buying)! It’s also dry clean only. It’s a medium and fits perfectly, but I just don’t know if I will feel I have to totally baby it. Any other folks get theirs yet? Get the feeling this one is going back. One rule lately for me that helps enormously is if I don’t love every single thing about it I don’t keep it, thereby funding other more loved purchases. Gorgeous, perhaps too impractical. Decisions decisions!!

6CADDE5D-1F08-406E-A0D1-E5975B7862BF.jpegE0F895E0-A055-4BC6-B3FC-D2DD4DE7AADF.jpeg

I was so taken by the pink WAH hat I made a complete impulse buy! It arrived today, and it’s gorgeous, but I didn’t realize that under the brim appears to be very thin vachetta leather (and I didn’t read carefully before buying)! It’s also dry clean only. It’s a medium and fits perfectly, but I just don’t know if I will feel I have to totally baby it. Any other folks get theirs yet? Get the feeling this one is going back. One rule lately for me that helps enormously is if I don’t love every single thing about it I don’t keep it, thereby funding other more loved purchases. Gorgeous, perhaps too impractical. Decisions decisions!!

View attachment 5147380View attachment 5147381
It's a gorgeous hat but I think it's too much for what it is. I didn't even know there was vachetta underneath!

It’s lovely! But I really think you would have to baby it and still could not prevent certain things.
Your rule is very good! I will adopt it too :smile:

It’s lovely! But I really think you would have to baby it and still could not prevent certain things.
Your rule is very good! I will adopt it too :smile:
I know - vachetta isn’t my favorite for that reason - it’s lovely but not as carefree as other leathers. And on a hat bill! Yikes. Glad you like my rule :P I even use it at Target - have to fund LV somehow:drinks:

It’s a beautiful hat :smile:. I agree that the vachetta might be too hard to maintain on this piece. I love your rule about needing to love everything about an item for it to deserve a place in your collection. Have a great week T :smile: