post pictures of your rescue companion

when I walk in the neighborhood, I pass a few houses with small dogs behind fences. they always bark (unlike the large dogs who rarely do). I think they are really afraid and trying to act "big"

It is odd, if somebody rings our door bell, Harvey will give a "wuff" but if anybody knocks on the door, he goes nuts, then he is on full "burglar alert" and makes really scary sounds, we always laugh that he would drown a burglar in dog saliva, while the cat would possibly maim the burglar.

It is odd, if somebody rings our door bell, Harvey will give a "wuff" but if anybody knocks on the door, he goes nuts, then he is on full "burglar alert" and makes really scary sounds, we always laugh that he would drown a burglar in dog saliva, while the cat would possibly maim the burglar.
our boy cat will slink toward the hallway if he thinks someone is coming in....a week or so ago, DH got up earlier than me. the cats are used to seeing me first and me feeding them. he said Jack was looking at the door fearfully. apparently he thought something was amiss. didn't come for his food. he is super playful but also still has the shy skittish side to him. the girl is somewhat that way but braver than him.
So no, they wouldn't maim a burglar unless the burglar actually tried to get ahold of them. then they would probably scratch him with their back feet getting away.

our boy cat will slink toward the hallway if he thinks someone is coming in....a week or so ago, DH got up earlier than me. the cats are used to seeing me first and me feeding them. he said Jack was looking at the door fearfully. apparently he thought something was amiss. didn't come for his food. he is super playful but also still has the shy skittish side to him. the girl is somewhat that way but braver than him.
So no, they wouldn't maim a burglar unless the burglar actually tried to get ahold of them. then they would probably scratch him with their back feet getting away.

Wick is totally territorial, if he decides to be in the dog bed or Harvey's chair, Harvey will take one of the other dog beds, only the girl could outfox him, by grabbing the edge of the dog bed, giving it a quick yank then jumping on it, but she was scarily clever, at one point she was too busy playing to piddle and decided to go into a corner when we were back home (they usually don't foul the house, only time it happened) and grabbed my leather jacket and dragged it over the puddle to hide the "evidence" sort of "Monkey will never know what happened..." She was also a total cow who loved wine gums and gummi bears, none of the boys liked them, but she put the empty packets (when she had stolen a pack, and she would chew through clothes and bags to get to them) in the boys' beds so they would get the blame, she wasn't smart enough to figure out that they come out like they went in, and you could always tell by the multicoloured poo who was the guilty party.

It's weird, outside Wick is usually shy, won't let anybody touch him, but in the house, he turns into this territorial monster, heaven forbid that a visitor sits in his chair, he will jump on the back and swat while voicing his displeasure very very loudly. He sometimes will come for a small stroll, like if I only walk Harvey to his fave tree that needs to be watered, but if is drizzling he will walk under the dog and use him as some sort of umbrella, then hiss at any strange dog or cat, and enjoy having the big canine body guard, when Harvey lifts the leg, he demands to be picked up and sheltered in my parka, once Harv is done, he walks under the dog again. He had a brother who came with us, Nugs, Nugs moved in with an elderly couple as they cook for him and he gets a choice of dinner, he can pick if he wants chicken, fish or meat... We couldn't compete with that kind of service, so he only visits on occasion and checks what food we have for him, has a snooze and then marches back to his other home.

Wick is totally territorial, if he decides to be in the dog bed or Harvey's chair, Harvey will take one of the other dog beds, only the girl could outfox him, by grabbing the edge of the dog bed, giving it a quick yank then jumping on it, but she was scarily clever, at one point she was too busy playing to piddle and decided to go into a corner when we were back home (they usually don't foul the house, only time it happened) and grabbed my leather jacket and dragged it over the puddle to hide the "evidence" sort of "Monkey will never know what happened..." She was also a total cow who loved wine gums and gummi bears, none of the boys liked them, but she put the empty packets (when she had stolen a pack, and she would chew through clothes and bags to get to them) in the boys' beds so they would get the blame, she wasn't smart enough to figure out that they come out like they went in, and you could always tell by the multicoloured poo who was the guilty party.

It's weird, outside Wick is usually shy, won't let anybody touch him, but in the house, he turns into this territorial monster, heaven forbid that a visitor sits in his chair, he will jump on the back and swat while voicing his displeasure very very loudly. He sometimes will come for a small stroll, like if I only walk Harvey to his fave tree that needs to be watered, but if is drizzling he will walk under the dog and use him as some sort of umbrella, then hiss at any strange dog or cat, and enjoy having the big canine body guard, when Harvey lifts the leg, he demands to be picked up and sheltered in my parka, once Harv is done, he walks under the dog again. He had a brother who came with us, Nugs, Nugs moved in with an elderly couple as they cook for him and he gets a choice of dinner, he can pick if he wants chicken, fish or meat... We couldn't compete with that kind of service, so he only visits on occasion and checks what food we have for him, has a snooze and then marches back to his other home.
walking under the dog.....quite the character

Reactions: CanuckBagLover
walking under the dog.....quite the character

Can you imagine him getting wet? Don't you know who he is???? When he had surgery he wasn't allowed to jump, so I carried him around, wrong direction - claws, when he wanted to be put down, he would miow, vet put disolvable stitches in as he didn't fancy pulling them again, so no check up, 3 weeks of carrying him around and him taking it out on us and the dogs that his cat flap was closed and he couldn't survey his territory (I honestly had scratches everywhere), I decided to ring the vet and ask when he is allowed to jump normally again, reply "Oh that was only the first 5 days, don't tell me he makes you carry him? Of course he does, it's Wicked, he has trained you quite well!"

Can you imagine him getting wet? Don't you know who he is???? When he had surgery he wasn't allowed to jump, so I carried him around, wrong direction - claws, when he wanted to be put down, he would miow, vet put disolvable stitches in as he didn't fancy pulling them again, so no check up, 3 weeks of carrying him around and him taking it out on us and the dogs that his cat flap was closed and he couldn't survey his territory (I honestly had scratches everywhere), I decided to ring the vet and ask when he is allowed to jump normally again, reply "Oh that was only the first 5 days, don't tell me he makes you carry him? Of course he does, it's Wicked, he has trained you quite well!"
our black cat wasn't large (maybe maxed out at 10 pounds) but he dominated the other cats (and us). Poor Sammy always had to get in line behind him for food. He was a Boss. Lived to be 19. Not the sweetest cat but he sure had personality.

our black cat wasn't large (maybe maxed out at 10 pounds) but he dominated the other cats (and us). Poor Sammy always had to get in line behind him for food. He was a Boss. Lived to be 19. Not the sweetest cat but he sure had personality.

Fed the monster (again, as he likes to snack) he licked off the sauce of the cat food, polished off the salmon (has be kiln smoked obviously, as he is a pedigree moggy and the ruler of the universe in his own mind) then licked off the Sheba sauce, after that called the loyal dog slave who polished off the dry bits, now pretending to be starving cat again, no eaten for 10 minutes, I put my claws into your foot to remind you. Btw Wick is 16, he insists on only eating kitten food, if he is particularly vile I buy him senior cat food, and scrape it off the wall, where he flings it, he has such a sweet temper

Too funny. You really should should right a book!

Fed the monster (again, as he likes to snack) he licked off the sauce of the cat food, polished off the salmon (has be kiln smoked obviously, as he is a pedigree moggy and the ruler of the universe in his own mind) then licked off the Sheba sauce, after that called the loyal dog slave who polished off the dry bits, now pretending to be starving cat again, no eaten for 10 minutes, I put my claws into your foot to remind you. Btw Wick is 16, he insists on only eating kitten food, if he is particularly vile I buy him senior cat food, and scrape it off the wall, where he flings it, he has such a sweet temper
he's a handfull....16-year-old boss cat :smile:

Btw just walked into the other room after hearing a commotion and worrying that Wick tortures and bullies Harvey, err nope, Harvey decided to destroy 3 dog beds... NOT impressed with his attempts at Xmas decorations, he can sleep on a blanket now! No more dog beds!

Attachments

• beds.jpg
    beds.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 18
Btw just walked into the other room after hearing a commotion and worrying that Wick tortures and bullies Harvey, err nope, Harvey decided to destroy 3 dog beds... NOT impressed with his attempts at Xmas decorations, he can sleep on a blanket now! No more dog beds!
Oh....guess he's still a puppy....I've never experienced the destruction a large dog can do but saw someone (here on PF maybe) who said their dog destroyed a sofa.....like tore it apart in one session

Oh....guess he's still a puppy....I've never experienced the destruction a large dog can do but saw someone (here on PF maybe) who said their dog destroyed a sofa.....like tore it apart in one session

Could have been me? An antique chaiselongue? Survived over 300 years but not one Harvey? He proudly showed us it was indeed stuffed with horse hair while we were out having brunch with friends... (and yes, he is the dog who ate a Birkin, and I mean ATE it)

For the record, he got an old wool blanket that is super thick, he is not languishing on a floor, he simply doesn't have padded fluffy dog beds anymore due to destructive habits, one of the reasons being that I don't want to pick up the pieces, he also has his padded chair (he doesn't eat that one) so he is not deprived and suffering on a cold wooden floor. I am just fed up with cleaning up the remains of dog beds, and it doesn't matter if it is deluxe or cheap, idiot has to pick them up and shake and fight them

For the record, he got an old wool blanket that is super thick, he is not languishing on a floor, he simply doesn't have padded fluffy dog beds anymore due to destructive habits, one of the reasons being that I don't want to pick up the pieces, he also has his padded chair (he doesn't eat that one) so he is not deprived and suffering on a cold wooden floor. I am just fed up with cleaning up the remains of dog beds, and it doesn't matter if it is deluxe or cheap, idiot has to pick them up and shake and fight them
I don't blame you.....aside from the mess, you're spending money on these things to make him comfortable.....but they are animals - we can't be too mad at them