post pics of YSL TOM FORD ERA & OTHER OLDER STYLE bags here

Chestnut suede medium "souffle" Mombasa
Year 2003
Size 11" x 14,5"

IMG_8469.jpg

Some oldies but goodies! :wlae:

Year: 2002.
Style: Not sure of name, might have been called Rive Gauche before the current rive gauche! Convertible bag.
Leather: Buffalo
Original retail price $1,050.

View attachment 586859

Hi,
did you possibly find out more about this bag meanwhile, please? I´m desparately looking for the name of the bag I just bought.
It must be from the same collection as yours. Though there´s another one for sale on German ebay right now nobody seems to know anything about them. The one that looks brownin the photo is mine. It just arrived and is actually black... much better! Here´s the listing for the same model in red on our ebay: https://www.ebay.de/itm/YVES-SAINT-...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137

Attachments

• s-l1600 (8).jpg
    s-l1600 (8).jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 91
Hi,
did you possibly find out more about this bag meanwhile, please? I´m desparately looking for the name of the bag I just bought.
It must be from the same collection as yours. Though there´s another one for sale on German ebay right now nobody seems to know anything about them. The one that looks brownin the photo is mine. It just arrived and is actually black... much better! Here´s the listing for the same model in red on our ebay: https://www.ebay.de/itm/YVES-SAINT-...vip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m43663.l10137
This is Tom Ford's bag for Yves Saint laurent, from roughly 2000s (2002?), made in this Rive Gauche style and also there is the same with a silver handle, mombasa style. leather is so beautiful that the more you wear the better it looks. I have quite a few bags with this "buffalo" leather. Hope this helps

Reactions: cowgirlsboots
This is Tom Ford's bag for Yves Saint laurent, from roughly 2000s (2002?), made in this Rive Gauche style and also there is the same with a silver handle, mombasa style. leather is so beautiful that the more you wear the better it looks. I have quite a few bags with this "buffalo" leather. Hope this helps

Thank-you very much! My new bag and I are slowly getting friendly with each other. When it arrived I was rather frustrated at first- receiving a fine bag (even if it was a mega bargain) wrapped in a bin liner just doesn´t give the right vibes... So far I only had a few vintage Dior bags and they all were love at first sight. The YSL takes a little longer, but with the fine leather slowly acclimatizing and starting to smell of fine leather and the small defects the bag had fixed (by me, not an expert...) we are becoming friends.

Attachments

• IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 80