Post pics of your Givenchy Antigona .. Everything about Antigona !

Here is my "new to me" preloved... lizard embossed large antigona :smile:
I got this baby for a steal!! $700! Now when purchasing this the listing said medium antigona. So that is what I thought I was getting. Fast forward to now.. I get the bag and I am stunned when i compare to my black medium antigona. This baby was way bigger!! So I go back to the listing it does say medium.. I pull out my measuring tape and its 2 inches bigger

15 inches at the base
17 inches at the top (widest part at the zipper)
8 inches in depth
That is soooo not a medium antigona!!!

so I am shocked to see Fashionphile made a mistake in listing this. They marked it wrong and described as Medium when in fact it is the DISCONTINUED Large antigona!!!!!!!!!!
It had some cosmetic issues and needed a good conditioning. The imperfections described were def over exaggerated because when i received it all that really needed help was the corners (fixed them all up) , the hardware needed buffing with brasso and the overall bag was a bit thirsty. I used some Brahmin conditioner as I do all my bags. You could not tell this is the same bag in the listing. Whomever listed and or whomever took the photos was not really paying too much attention to the proper style and condition.

MY luck!! right?!
I was full on expecting to receive a medium antigona bag. My lucky stars gave me something better!!
all is well now. It looks so gorgeous!!!! I could probably resell it for way more since it is the large size. BUT nope im keeping this one.

it is so hard to find a large antigona unless preloved! The Large Antigona in this structured style was discontinued a while back. I know they have the soft large antigona but that isnt for me. I love the classic.

I am thrilled and just loving my large antigona.

unnamed.jpg

IMG-7348.PNG

IMG-7349.PNG

64256693821--93022261-9C68-4B4B-A1B2-A10EAF89D708.jpg

64256691009--5F8A45A9-4CA5-4BF9-B5BE-6A160D9E79EC.jpg

IMG-7352.jpg

Last edited:
I got this baby for a steal!! $700! Now when purchasing this the listing said medium antigona. So that is what I thought I was getting. Fast forward to now.. I get the bag and I am stunned when i compare to my black medium antigona. This baby was way bigger!! So I go back to the listing it does say medium.. I pull out my measuring tape and its 2 inches bigger

15 inches at the base
8 inches in depth

so I am shocked to see Fashionphile made a mistake in listing this. They marked it wrong and described as Medium when in fact it is the DISCONTINUED Large antigona!!!!!!!!!!
It had some cosmetic issues and needed a good conditioning. The imperfections described were def over exaggerated because when i received it all that really needed help was the corners (fixed them all up) , the hardware needed buffing with brasso and the overall bag was a bit thirsty. I used some Brahmin conditioner as I do all my bags. You could not tell this is the same bag in the listing. Whomever listed and or whomever took the photos was not really paying too much attention to the proper style and condition.

MY luck!! right?!
I was full on expecting to receive a medium antigona bag. My lucky stars gave me something better!!
all is well now. It looks so gorgeous!!!! I could probably resell it for way more since it is the large size. BUT nope im keeping this one.

it is so hard to find a large antigona unless preloved! The Large Antigona in this structured style was discontinued a while back. I know they have the soft large antigona but that isnt for me. I love the classic.

View attachment 5083828

View attachment 5083831

View attachment 5083832

View attachment 5083835

View attachment 5083836

View attachment 5083848

Amazing colour. Enjoy your bag!

• Love
Reactions: asianbebydoll
First the soft Antigona... now this :eek: I just opened the Givenchy website for the first time in forever and I'm not sure why they released this.The Antigona is such a classic, beautiful bag - I feel that this variation just cheapens the line.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 18.19.16.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 18.19.16.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 52
I reviewed few videos in YT and the only CON that I am worried about is area between the strap and the handles! People are saying that it is not convenient to get in and out! Is that a real problem?

I think that was the issue with earlier models, but since then they've made the strap longer. I bought mine (medium size) in 2018 and I don't experience any inconvenience with it. I can comfortably wear it on the shoulder using the long strap and short handles do not touch anywhere close to my armpits. I can wear it crossbody too, but I'm not a fan of the look since it's quite a sizable bag.

First the soft Antigona... now this :eek: I just opened the Givenchy website for the first time in forever and I'm not sure why they released this.The Antigona is such a classic, beautiful bag - I feel that this variation just cheapens the line.
That is... weird. :shocked: I love bulky hardware, but this lock just looks out of place on the Antigona, IMO. So do the long handles.

15 inches at the base
8 inches in depth

MY luck!! right?!

View attachment 5083828

View attachment 5083831

View attachment 5083832

View attachment 5083835

View attachment 5083836

View attachment 5083848
Congrats on getting such a sweet deal! :tup: Gorgeous bag and that twilly with the bow looks really cute.

Hi all
Thinking about a getting a new office work bag... I just love the antigona. Would it fit a stack of papers? 8x11? Unfortunately the sales woman didn't have any that I could try to fit inside. Small looks best on my little 5' frame. They had medium in the soft version only but I felt it was too big on me. Mod shots here with the small grained version!

Attachments

• 20210618_102137.jpg
    20210618_102137.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 156
  • 20210618_102120.jpg
    20210618_102120.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 156
Hi all
Thinking about a getting a new office work bag... I just love the antigona. Would it fit a stack of papers? 8x11? Unfortunately the sales woman didn't have any that I could try to fit inside. Small looks best on my little 5' frame. They had medium in the soft version only but I felt it was too big on me. Mod shots here with the small grained version!

I just tried a stack of 8X11 paper it in my small Antigona. Bag was empty and fit when papers slid down into the cavity. There is enough room but because of the shape of the bag (i.e. rounded top), difficult to zipper bag because of corners of the paper. If you have other things in your bag, may be difficult to carry papers without getting them wrinkled.

You might be better off with a briefcase bag if you intend to use the bag for work. I have the Antigona but also the Burberry Title Bag (link) since it also fits my 13" laptop. I chose the one handle version since I thought it looks less like a briefcase and more feminine.

Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: nsriva
I just tried a stack of 8X11 paper it in my small Antigona. Bag was empty and fit when papers slid down into the cavity. There is enough room but because of the shape of the bag (i.e. rounded top), difficult to zipper bag because of corners of the paper. If you have other things in your bag, may be difficult to carry papers without getting them wrinkled.

You might be better off with a briefcase bag if you intend to use the bag for work. I have the Antigona but also the Burberry Title Bag (link) since it also fits my 13" laptop. I chose the one handle version since I thought it looks less like a briefcase and more feminine.

Hope this helps!
Thank you soooo much for trying it out! Seems it might not be the best fit then. And thanks for the suggestion! It's a lovely bag! I agree with you, briefcase style will be more practical.

No problem - glad I could assist you. When I went shopping for a new work bag I tried to look at crossover bags that could be used both for work and as a day bag.

Bought these during COVID quarantine and still haven't used them. Hopefully soon when we get back to the "new normal".

Enjoy your search!

• Love
Reactions: nsriva

15 inches at the base
8 inches in depth

MY luck!! right?!

View attachment 5083828

View attachment 5083831

View attachment 5083832

View attachment 5083835

View attachment 5083836

View attachment 5083848
Beautiful! ❤️❤️

Reactions: asianbebydoll