Post pics of your Givenchy Antigona .. Everything about Antigona !

View attachment 3658040

My first mini Antigona
emoji847.png
Hi,

I just got one too in the mini size an same color. Though I don't have a store near me so I have to order it of off farfetch.com. Here is the problem and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. I received it tonight, the bag is fine, but the strap. I'm surprised to see that the long trap is not made from on piece of leather. If you fold the strap in half, roughly in the midder of the strap, where it would sit on your shoulder, there is a line of stitching where they connect the 2 pieces of leater to make the length of the strap. It is completely flat and beautifully done, so you won't be able to tell. But still its strange, for a designer bag you dont make the strap of out scrap leather pieces. Can you check on yours if you have the same construction of the strap, Also the studs that claim to be adjustable made it extremely tough to adjust the length of the strap. The back of the stud, on mine bag, there is a straight line run across the back of the stud, I have some scratches on there, on all 4 studs. It looks like someine trying to unscrew it abd fail and left these metal on metal scratches. I'm don't know what do to, I love the color and don't know where I can order another one if I was ro return this. Could you please check these details on you mini antigona and see if it is the same. The scratches in the studs are fine I can live with it but the stitching makes me feel like it could be a replica. I'm worried. Please help

View attachment 3658040

My first mini Antigona [emoji847]

Hi,

I just got one too in the mini size an same color. Though I don't have a store near me so I have to order it of off farfetch.com. Here is the problem and I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out. I received it tonight, the bag is fine, but the strap. I'm surprised to see that the long trap is not made from on piece of leather. If you fold the strap in half, roughly in the midder of the strap, where it would sit on your shoulder, there is a line of stitching where they connect the 2 pieces of leater to make the length of the strap. It is completely flat and beautifully done, so you won't be able to tell. But still its strange, for a designer bag you dont make the strap of out scrap leather pieces. Can you check on yours if you have the same construction of the strap, Also the studs that claim to be adjustable made it extremely tough to adjust the length of the strap. The back of the stud, on mine bag, there is a straight line run across the back of the stud, I have some scratches on there, on all 4 studs. It looks like someine trying to unscrew it abd fail and left these metal on metal scratches. I'm don't know what do to, I love the color and don't know where I can order another one if I was ro return this. Could you please check these details on you mini antigona and see if it is the same. The scratches in the studs are fine I can live with it but the stitching makes me feel like it could be a replica. I'm worried. Please help

Hi! Yes, the mini Antigona straps have a seam in the middle. I'll post a picture of mine :smile: I've ordered my small blue Antigona from far fetch and I can assure you they're legit. But the one you received might've just been tried on by people.

Are you located in the U.S.?If you're still feeling uneasy, you can order Givenchy bags straight from the Givenchy boutique in the states. I prefer ordering this way because they send it packaged in a box and a shopping bag haha. it's also tax free if you're outside Nevada and New York. Let me know if you need sales associate info.

Here's some pictures, I don't see any bad scratches though? I ordered it the day they arrived at the boutique though so it wasn't really handled by customers. I hope these help! But I'm sure yours is authentic :smile: maybe just consider if it's in the condition you wanted to receive it in.

IMG_1491650680.834221.jpg
IMG_1491650945.126485.jpg

I love your small grey antigona! I was very tempted by that one.

But then a black beauty small Antigona with metal detail tempted me so much I couldn't resist.

My husband brought it home yesterday. I love it. ❤️

Thanks for letting me share! X

It's lovely, I never realised from pics that the detail was metal, I thought it was white leather :blush:

But then a black beauty small Antigona with metal detail tempted me so much I couldn't resist.

Congrats!
We are in the same family (i'm your big sister :P)

You will definitely enjoy this bag!! It is beautiful!!!

Hi! Yes, the mini Antigona straps have a seam in the middle. I'll post a picture of mine :smile: I've ordered my small blue Antigona from far fetch and I can assure you they're legit. But the one you received might've just been tried on by people.

Are you located in the U.S.?If you're still feeling uneasy, you can order Givenchy bags straight from the Givenchy boutique in the states. I prefer ordering this way because they send it packaged in a box and a shopping bag haha. it's also tax free if you're outside Nevada and New York. Let me know if you need sales associate info.

Here's some pictures, I don't see any bad scratches though? I ordered it the day they arrived at the boutique though so it wasn't really handled by customers. I hope these help! But I'm sure yours is authentic :smile: maybe just consider if it's in the condition you wanted to receive it in.

View attachment 3660804
View attachment 3660808
Thank you so much for your reply. That completely ease my mind. I called a few different Givenchy store and they said they don't have that pink color anymore, so I found it on farfetch, I did not have to pay tax as well as shipping so that was good. The scratches on the metal are fine, I am just being my picky self and I was able to adjust the length myself as well (thou that was really hard to do). I personally like the color pink, I was hopping for it to be a nudy pink but it turns out to be a bright bublegum pink. But that's ok, I'm starting to love it more and more. Thank you so much and I hope you are enjoying your bag as much as I am with mine.

Congrats!
We are in the same family (i'm your big sister :P)

You will definitely enjoy this bag!! It is beautiful!!!

Thank you both!

I love it. Really love it. It's a bit scary how much I love it because every time I see it I feel like smiling. Not great in the middle of a serious meeting

Problem is it feels so fragile. I'm carrying it around everyday and I've already noticed a few scuffs. I'm careful but you do rub up against things when it's hanging and you're walking around the city.

What do you do to protect your antigona? What leather cleaning product to buff out small scuffs? If doesn't seem to like leather wipes because they seem to leave slight moisture stains that need to be rubbed out with a soft cloth.

I'm thinking of trying the colonsol gel or whatever it's called because the SA in Selfridges mentioned she uses that for the glossy black version. (My leather seems to be in between the gloss and matte texture)

Any recommendations? Thanks for reading.

Congrats! The metal detail is beautiful :smile:

I have a medium ant in grey suede and small in shiny camel, and honestly I don't worry too much about wear on either. I use Apple Garde Rain & Stain Repellent for extra preventative care but have heard good things about Collonil waterstop as well.

Thank you both!

I love it. Really love it. It's a bit scary how much I love it because every time I see it I feel like smiling. Not great in the middle of a serious meeting

Problem is it feels so fragile. I'm carrying it around everyday and I've already noticed a few scuffs. I'm careful but you do rub up against things when it's hanging and you're walking around the city.

What do you do to protect your antigona? What leather cleaning product to buff out small scuffs? If doesn't seem to like leather wipes because they seem to leave slight moisture stains that need to be rubbed out with a soft cloth.

I'm thinking of trying the colonsol gel or whatever it's called because the SA in Selfridges mentioned she uses that for the glossy black version. (My leather seems to be in between the gloss and matte texture)

Any recommendations? Thanks for reading.

Hi!

I sometimes just use a regular leather cleaner and moisturizer (that was bought for the couch haha)

But otherwise, I believe I am a bit more careful with this bag since it is a little bulky (medium size) but I still find the leather fairly scratch resistant!

This bag is gorgeous! :smile:

Hi! I'm new to this forum as I'm mostly a Mulberry gal :amuse: but now I'm seriously considering to purchase my first Givenchy bag, an Antigona! What do you ladies and gents think about this colour combination? The pic is from Farfetch.

12001375_9390474_480.jpg

I love oxblood, purple and orange, but is it too busy to have them all in the same bag? Actually, I hadn't even thought about Antigona for myself (I did love the look on others though!) before I saw this, but I want to make a right decision and use the bag years to come, so I'd appreciate your opinion! Thank you! :flowers:

Hi! I'm new to this forum as I'm mostly a Mulberry gal :amuse: but now I'm seriously considering to purchase my first Givenchy bag, an Antigona! What do you ladies and gents think about this colour combination? The pic is from Farfetch.

12001375_9390474_480.jpg

I love oxblood, purple and orange, but is it too busy to have them all in the same bag? Actually, I hadn't even thought about Antigona for myself (I did love the look on others though!) before I saw this, but I want to make a right decision and use the bag years to come, so I'd appreciate your opinion! Thank you! :flowers:

I think that shade of purple is a bit jarring with the other colors...which may limit it's longevity and usefulness.

I have a somewhat similar tricolor pandora from a few years ago (attached) that I find very wearable and versatile.. but the colors gel a bit better.

Just my opinion....ultimately only you know your wardrobe and preferences best.

Attachments

• Givenchy-Oxblood-red-hazel-and-brown-ayers-Pandora-bag.jpg
    Givenchy-Oxblood-red-hazel-and-brown-ayers-Pandora-bag.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 1,198
Reactions: JazzyMac and Taimi

12001375_9390474_480.jpg

I LOVE the Oxblood, but I think the purple clashes a little bit and I think it would be a bit limiting as far as outfit options. It also depends on what your use of the bag will be. If you were considering this for an everyday bag I'd say no, but if you just want a fun bag then definitely yes! But, if you love it and think you can pull it off go for it!

Reactions: Taimi