Post Paris Purchase - keeping your new bag safe until flying home.

Never had an issue I find paris to be VERY safe. You can even request a bag without the Hermes logo. Just a simple paper bag, but they don't fit a B35. I have been renting the same apartment for years, so no one other than me has access to the place. But I usually just wear whatever I buy during the trip.

Thank you Coco lover. Yes, I agree that an apartment is very safe - I am going solo this time and decided to stay in a hotel. Thanks again.

I think if I buy a bag this trip, I am going to go to the local FedEx store directly from the store and just ship the box home and keep the bag in a Le Pliage or something like that. :smile:
This is an excellent idea. If there are good concierges at your Paris hotel, they should be able to arrange all this for you. I simply handed my concierge the empty boxes containing tissue and tissue-pillows, and let the concierge know it was very important these items be securely boxed so as not to arrive with any dents or damage. When the package arrived at my home, I was astounded by the extreme care the shipper had taken to ensure the boxes would retain their shape. I paid 120 Euro for the shipper (which they added to the hotel bill), plus a handsome gratuity for the concierge.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuelleFromage
One of my biggest fears is walking out of the H store with a large H box! Do you guys ever feel nervous knowing that you might get robbed on the way to the hotel?
Hermes will hand deliver your purchase to your hotel within the hour. There is no additional charge for this service. I found my big orange box sitting regally on my bed when I returned to the hotel room.
Or, if you prefer, you can carry it back from the boutique yourself in a large glossy white bag. There will be no indication of the boutique name visible on the white bag. By the way, when you shop at the Paris Hermes sales, this is the exact same type of glossy white bag that they will use to hold all your purchases. It even has an overlapping white flap that will prevent anyone who may try to peek inside your bag to see the contents of the white shopping bag. Very cleverly designed!

Reactions: missD
This is an excellent idea. If there are good concierges at your Paris hotel, they should be able to arrange all this for you. I simply handed my concierge the empty boxes containing tissue and tissue-pillows, and let the concierge know it was very important these items be securely boxed so as not to arrive with any dents or damage. When the package arrived at my home, I was astounded by the extreme care the shipper had taken to ensure the boxes would retain their shape. I paid 120 Euro for the shipper (which they added to the hotel bill), plus a handsome gratuity for the concierge.

I ended up sacrificing one box (well two if you count my Jige box bought in the airport) and I found an office supply store in near La Poste who helped me find a better box so that i could ship it home. Inside I put a backpack I didn't need and some other laundry and some other small boxes. By the time I had shipped the box I was in a hotel that didn't have a concierge.

Reactions: lulilu
I pack my boxes in my check ins and carry my goods on board plane. I can fit a b30 or k32 box in my check ins since we use nylon bags (easier to manage vs. roller suitcases with kids). I just stuff the box with clothes and surround with clothes to keep its shape.

Some of the posts here are missing the point OP is asking. She's asking where she should put her newly purchased bag while she is still away on vacation / travelling. e.g. you buy a bag on the first day of your trip, you still have another 10 day of holidays ahead of you, what do you do with the bag. Not so much as to how to get your bag to your home, which I believe we already have a thread on.

Hi all: This may be a dumb question but due to experience, I had to ask - (did not see any other threads). I am headed to Paris in late May and am excited to visit FSH and try my luck. How do you keep your bag safe until departing France? Are others using them until you leave?

My inquiry is based on a trip I took over 15 years ago to Paris in which I purchased a bag at Chanel. It was stolen out of my hotel room and now I am extremely paranoid. I was fortunate to get the hotel's insurance to cover it after numerous phone calls and emails.

If I am fortunate enough to purchase an Hermes bag of my choice in Paris (or other goodies), I am thinking of either locking it in my suitcase in my room or having the store keep it until I leave.

Your experience? Thanks in advanced.
Is there some particular reason you don't want to just wear the bag while you're here? I suppose, if you're worried, and the safe is too small, you should lock it in your suitcase. If not, you should be fine if you carry it with you. I've lived here for 17 years. I wear my jewelry, carry my bags, etc and I've never been robbed on the street (so far. Knock on wood). Like anywhere, just pay attention and you should be fine.

Is there some particular reason you don't want to just wear the bag while you're here? I suppose, if you're worried, and the safe is too small, you should lock it in your suitcase. If not, you should be fine if you carry it with you. I've lived here for 17 years. I wear my jewelry, carry my bags, etc and I've never been robbed on the street (so far. Knock on wood). Like anywhere, just pay attention and you should be fine.

Thank you Jennifer Marvin. I have been robbed/pickpocketed in the street several times in Europe while on holiday over the years. Despite having lived and worked in San Francisco for many years and cultivated some street smarts. I've also traveled extensively in the states and spent much time in New York City, Boston and Los Angeles.

As a result of my personal experiences, whenever I do travel in Europe, I prefer to do so without carrying a purse which makes me feel more comfortable and secure.

I've also had a Chanel bag I purchased in Paris robbed from my hotel room about 16 years ago.

Perhaps I have been unlucky and a bit paranoid. Needless to say, these are just material items and I am thankful I have not been physically harmed.

Thank you Jennifer Marvin. I have been robbed/pickpocketed in the street several times in Europe while on holiday over the years. Despite having lived and worked in San Francisco for many years and cultivated some street smarts. I've also traveled extensively in the states and spent much time in New York City, Boston and Los Angeles.

As a result of my personal experiences, whenever I do travel in Europe, I prefer to do so without carrying a purse which makes me feel more comfortable and secure.

I've also had a Chanel bag I purchased in Paris robbed from my hotel room about 16 years ago.

Perhaps I have been unlucky and a bit paranoid. Needless to say, these are just material items and I am thankful I have not been physically harmed.
I'm really glad you were safe through all of that! I think, perhaps, I've just been very, very fortunate.