Post Military Discounts Here!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I went to Kmart yesterday to buy a little ceramic heater, and the cashier asked me if I was military. I'm a civilian, but I showed her my military dependent card, and she gave me 10% off. It's not a lot, but every cent helps in this economy.

Frequently when we're shopping somewhere my husband will ask for the military discount, knowing full well that he's retired, but a few times he's lucked into 10% off at places.

Of course, we live near a post, so that may have something to do with it.

Anybody out there know of any shops, stores, or restaurants that offer discounts to military/retirees/dependents, and when the discount is offered? I say when because I have heard that some places offer it one day a week or so.

If so, post it here so that we can all see it. I'm sure that quite a few of us would find this info handy. Thanks in advance!

2. Starbucks gives free coffee (any kind!) if you go in uniform. Only other discounts I know of are cruises and car dealers - Lexus gives pretty good discounts, and Norwegian and Carnival also gives 15% off

3. amtrak gives military and their dependents 10% discounts on any train fare - i think you have to buy them online, or at the counter in the station though.

4. bestbuy has military discount

5. A lot of hotels have military/government rates and you can save considerably - I always check online and ask! Also, a lot of attactions like amusement parks, etc. offer military discounts and if you travel a lot don't forget about the USO facilities at the airports if you end up stuck with a long layover - some are quite nice with internet access, snacks, etc. - the one at DFW is very nice!

6. Thanks, guys, for this info! Keep 'em coming!

:smile:

7. I know Sea World and Bush Gardens Tampa has a For Our Heroes program where active military get in for free...

I know that before the Shamu show at SeaWorld they ask for military personnel to stand up and everyone claps for them. Its nice.

8. new york and company is 10 or 15%
    harry and david outlet also had a discount
    Delta has military flights for cheap prices I once got a round trip venice to rdu for around 650 in april.
    If you live near a base most stores in the local mall will have a discount.
    I am thinking the victorias secret did one time I was in a city where a base was located.

Google military discount stores and there are tons.

9. yes, in fact just google "military discounts"

there are already entire websites dedicated to this topic!

10. In addition to what others have said, here are some I've noticed while out and about:

Some movie theatres offer the matinee prices for every show for military members (1 ID will cover two people).

Footaction gives 20% off, which is kind of high for a discount.

If it's available, Mariott hotels will give you the swankiest suite upgrade possible, and you'll still only pay the $120 military rate.

11. Burlington Coat Factory give military discounts.

I think almost every place does, you just gotta remember to ask!

12. great thread! thanks for posting!!! =)

13. Disney Military Discount for 2009 (Active, Retired, and Reserve):

Walt Disney World Salutes the Men and Women Who Serve

<!-- Special deal for eligible members of the U.S. Military: Save 40% on rooms most nights at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels! This limited offer is valid most nights from January 5, 2009 to April 4, 2009, and April 19, 2009 to December 23, 2009. Also, with no purchase required, you get a free Magic Your Way ticket that includes the Park Hopper option and the Water Park Fun and More option.
    -->

Save up to 40% on rooms

Special deal for eligible members of the U.S. Military: Save up to 40% on rooms at select Disney Moderate Resorts!*

For stays most nights January 4 to December 23, 2009, except not available at all 2/13-2/15, 4/4-4/18, 5/22-5/24, 7/3-7/4, 11/25-11/26/09. Also, ask about special rates through December 23, 2009 at other select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels.

• *The number of rooms allocated for this offer is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. No group rates or other discounts apply. Advance reservations required. Additional per-adult charges apply if more than two adults per room.
    <hr>

Plus a complimentary 5-day "Disney's Armed Forces
    Salute" ticket

Through December 23, 2009, each active or retired member of the U.S. military may obtain one complimentary 5-day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More options. This ticket is valid for five days of admission into the four Walt Disney World® theme parks, plus a total of five visits to a choice of a Disney water park, DisneyQuest® Indoor Interactive Theme Park or certain other attractions. During this offer period, active or retired U.S. military personnel (or their spouses, but not both) may also make a one-time purchase of up to a maximum of five 5-Day "Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion" tickets (one theme park per day) for $99 per ticket, plus tax, for family members (including spouse) or friends. Although this ticket for family members and friends does not include either the Park Hopper® or Water Park Fun & More options, this ticket can be upgraded to add either such option, or both, for an additional $25, plus tax, per option. Actual prices may be less. All tickets and options are non-transferable and must be used by December 23, 2009.
    Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (with orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) and active or retired members of the United States Coast Guard are also eligible to participate in this offer.
    "Disney's Armed Forces Salute" tickets can be obtained only at participating U.S. military base ticket offices (including at the Shades of Green Resort at the Walt Disney World® Resort), or at main entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the main entrance theme park ticket windows. Valid military identification (including, for activated members of the National Guard or Reservists, orders showing active status after January 1, 2008) will be required to be presented by the service member (or spouse) for all ticket transactions (including to activate tickets at the main entrance theme park ticket windows). See your military base ticket office or click here for details. All parties must be present when purchasing or activating tickets at main entrance theme park ticket windows.
    <!-- Also, ask about special rates available through December 23, 2009 at other select Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels.

• ** Active and Retired U.S. Military personnel may obtain one complimentary 5-Day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Ticket with Park Hopper® and Water Park Fun & More Options and may purchase up to five 5-Day Disney's Armed Forces Salute Companion tickets (one theme park per day) at $99 per ticket, tax not included.
      --> <!--
      • **Disney's Armed Forces Salute tickets for Walt Disney World Resort can be obtained at participating military base ticket offices, Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World, or at Main Entrance theme park ticket windows. Tickets are not valid until activated at the theme park ticket window. Tickets and options must be used by December 23, 2009. Valid military ID required to purchase and activate tickets. See your military base ticket office for details.
      --> <!--
      See Important Details
      .</p> Choose from:
      Select Disney Value Resorts
      • Relax in colorful, whimsical places that are big on fun but small on cost. Enjoy swimming pools, playgrounds, arcades and food courts that offer menu options to suit every taste.
    Select Disney Moderate Resorts
    • Escape to enchanting, wonderfully affordable locales. Spend hours at the pool speeding down waterslides or try out the marina activities like the exhilarating Searaycers and relaxing pontoon boats (additional fee required). Sample a variety of dining options including generous food courts, casual sit-down restaurants and of course&ndash;the pool snack bars!
    </ul> Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
    • Sleeps up to 6
    • Spread out with all the comforts of home in a peaceful, natural setting. The Cabins even include a full kitchen&ndash;but don't worry, we do all the dishes! Try out recreation activities like horseback riding or archery (additional fee required) or roast marshmallows at the free nightly Campfire Sing-a-long with Chip 'n' Dale!

Select Disney Deluxe Resorts:
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Wilderness Lodge

• Stay at one of our two "Lodge" resort hotels and experience luxury, highlighted by rich theming and extensive art collections. Try out unique experiences such as a guided afternoon safari (additional fee required), or sample regional wines from an award-winning wine list while dining at one of our signature restaurants.
    </ul>
    Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts:
    Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and Disney's Old Key West Resort

• Relax in a comfortable studio room in one of our luxurious Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels with all the conveniences of home, including a kitchenette. Ask about two bedroom villas that sleep up to 8 and feature a full kitchen and whirlpool tubs.
    </ul> --> <!-- Important Details

• Eligibility and Validation for Resort Hotel Discounts:
      • Guests must present valid Active Duty/Spouse US Military ID at check in to receive discounts.
      • Military branches eligible are: Active Duty and Retirees (with ID) for Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, Coast Guard and National Guard.

• Ticket Eligibility and Validation:
      • Military Service Member must present valid U.S. Military ID.
      • Spouses of Military Service Members, if the active Military Personnel are not present, must present valid and active U.S. Military IDs.
      • Activated members of the National Guard or Reservists (or their spouses, if the activated members are not present) must also show active duty orders (Active Duty papers must be dated between January 1, 2008 and December 23, 2009).

• Also available for our Military Men and Women:
      • One complimentary 5-day ticket that includes the Park Hopper option and the Water Park Fun and More option. (No purchase or hotel reservations required.)
      • Up to 5 travel companions of Service Members can purchase a 5-day Magic Your Way base ticket for just $99 plus tax for one Park per day; it must be used within 14 days of the first use! For just $25 more they can add the Park Hopper option or the Water Park Fun and More option!
      • Tickets expire on December 23, 2009.

--> Visit your local ITT office for details and to book or get your tickets by
    December 23, 2009.

14. Anna's Linens gives a military discount if you have one in your state. I'm not sure if it apply's online but you could always ask.

15. I don't think they do. I live in a military town w/ 5 bases & my local Best Buy does not offer military discounts.

Places I know that offer military discounts: The Buckle, Beauty Brands, Walgreens (on Tuesdays at the cosmetic counter register), Alberstsons (occasionally they offer a military discount promotion), NJ Transit & Cinemark movie theaters.