Post counts and join dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you still not see them, PP? They are right back where they were on the LH side under our avatars.

I couldn't see them yesterday when I was around, but this morning I see them.

When I typed that other post, they weren't showing under the avatars. They are showing this morning. Maybe whatever Vlad did during the maintenance last night fixed it.

At any rate, I'm one of those people happy to have them back! All that extra clicking to get to people's profiles was wearing out my mouse hand. :Push:

[coco];9403031 said:
:P

This is interesting..............:thinking:

I really did not miss it at all. But I must admit - I find the whole conversation about it fascinating.....:P

I'm with you, coco. I just noticed they're back kuZ the Avatar area looks kinda busy now with all that info there. As expected, and as stated by some of the members here, people got used to no having them. I honestly can't relate to the rejoicing :shrugs: and find it fascinating as well that people feel so attached to post counts and make determinations about themselves and others based on their counts. Mostly, it kind of bums me out that, as Megs said, eliminating the post counts and join dates didn't have a significant impact on the bullying, etc., that the adms were hoping to reduce. It must have been disappointing for them.

I'm with you, coco. I just noticed they're back kuZ the Avatar area looks kinda busy now with all that info there. As expected, and as stated by some of the members here, people got used to no having them. I honestly can't relate to the rejoicing :shrugs: and find it fascinating as well that people feel so attached to post counts and make determinations about themselves and others based on their counts. Mostly, it kind of bums me out that, as Megs said, eliminating the post counts and join dates didn't have a significant impact on the bullying, etc., that the adms were hoping to reduce. It must have been disappointing for them.

I'm on the side of being glad they're back. It's just nice to know a little more about other forum members at a glance. I'm in my right mind enough, though, to understand that it is NOT a determination of character or "validity" of their posts.

Wow, I hadn't noticed until I clicked here! That's kind of sad, probably. I did get used to not seeing them though, especially since my post count is so embarassing anymore. :blush:

I tend to stick to my usual areas (JC charm thread, *bay forum, LV authentication thread) nowadays and don't notice bullying there, thank goodness.

Thanks so much for bringing back the post count and join date! It feels like home again:tup:

ETA: ...find it fascinating as well that people feel so attached to post counts and make determinations about themselves and others based on their counts..

The above quote has nothing to do with my feelings about the additional information. It's simply information about each other, which is found on most other forums.

Last edited:
Good point. It's standard info elsewhere.

I didn't mean for the statement to sound judgmental--what I meant was what I said about being fascinated by the whole issue--so I apologize if it does. That was not my intention. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.