Possible to have a Balenciaga Serial Code with NO letter?

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I'm a Balenciaga newbie and I read that the letters indicate the year the bag was produced.

However is it possible for a Bal bag to have NO letter?

Like this one? How will I know when this was produced?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 8.29.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-25 at 8.29.01 AM.png
    864.3 KB · Views: 828
Yup - absolutely legit. Certain styles didn't have the Metal Tag & letter .. that's why folks started to "decrypt" the coding on the back. I know the Bal Reference Library used to have a "decrypter"; haven't looked in so long .. now sure how relevant it still is!

Reactions: Antigone
Balenciaga starting putting the letter on leather tags in the second season of 2012. Giant Hardware came about in 2007. So your bag was produce sometime between those years. You can check the color charts in the reference section to try and narrow it down. Or post pictures of the whole bag in the thread below and see if the members there can help you identify what year your bag was made.
https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/identify-this-balenciaga.820554/page-65

Yup - absolutely legit. Certain styles didn't have the Metal Tag & letter .. that's why folks started to "decrypt" the coding on the back. I know the Bal Reference Library used to have a "decrypter"; haven't looked in so long .. now sure how relevant it still is!
Hi there CeeJay.Ive just bought a bal purse from grailed,and it has this metal tag attached on a piece of leather but has no serial code on the back of the leather.You think this is a fake? Please help.

Hi there CeeJay.Ive just bought a bal purse from grailed,and it has this metal tag attached on a piece of leather but has no serial code on the back of the leather.You think this is a fake? Please help.

Sadly CJ passed away.. :sad:

There's a thread about it.. You could post this question & some photos in the authenticate thread.