Possible problem with new chain !

swan lake

O.G.
Feb 24, 2007
Was at NM's Chanel dept. and i noticed a white PST with the new chain (the non-shiny, dark metal). There were dark metallic stains where the chain makes contact with the white caviar leather in the area of the four grommets. It just looked awful. Should not be a problem if the leather is black but any other color would show the staining problem. Surprised CC missed this !

Eww, that sounds like tarnishing. The same thing is happening with LV- the Galliera bags that cost over $1000 - the brass rings are tarnishing all over the leather and the company hates to admit it.....

ugh..... Thanks for telling us... not that I'm getting anymore bags anytime soon...
What's great about tpf is that you can find out so much about new bags or old bags...
and all the problems that there are before making the mistake of buying them.

Eww, that sounds like tarnishing. The same thing is happening with LV- the Galliera bags that cost over $1000 - the brass rings are tarnishing all over the leather and the company hates to admit it.....

OMG you are so right! I have not bought an LV bag in a very long time, but the Galliera caught my eye. I went into the store last year to loo[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]k (and buy) one. But on the floor model, I could see how those brass rings were discoloring the leather, and it made it loo[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]k filthy. [/FONT]And I actually mentioned this to the SA, and she denied it too! She said that filth was just from handling....yeah, right. I put the bag down an wal[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ked out.[/FONT]

Too bad the PST is having this issue too. I guess the people who ma[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]ke the bags (design them) really are clueless sometimes.[/FONT]