Possible neg? Opinions needed.

I believe you said on one post that the seller did not know you had cleaned them. Once you altered them from the original condition, they were yours to keep. If she gets them back and sees they are altered, she could have both the shoes and your money.

I believe you said on one post that the seller did not know you had cleaned them. Once you altered them from the original condition, they were yours to keep. If she gets them back and sees they are altered, she could have both the shoes and your money.

Perhaps but is it the right thing?

I had a buyer clean a leather bag with who know's what. She filed against me. I won the case. But eBay decided to give the buyer a courtesy refund. So she got the bag and money from eBay. Is that ethical either?

Nope, no shade on you noshoe:smile:
I would never buy used shoes either! I am too afraid to get any type of fungus! Tmi alert!

I had a buyer clean a leather bag with who know's what. She filed against me. I won the case. But eBay decided to give the buyer a courtesy refund. So she got the bag and money from eBay. Is that ethical either?

NO it isn't... but it seems there are many out there who do not

have any ethics & that's why these things are done...they don't

know right from wrong except when it comes to "their money"

than its a whole different story...at the end of the day, people

have to live with what they do... that's why there is karma in this

world... what goes around comes around...

NO it isn't... but it seems there are many out there who do not

have any ethics & that's why these things are done...they don't

know right from wrong except when it comes to "their money"

than its a whole different story...at the end of the day, people

have to live with what they do... that's why there is karma in this

world... what goes around comes around...

The sad part is that there's an entire world out there full of people who sleep just fine at night, despite their actions...

I'd like to add that even if my message sounded like I tried to extort the seller, I never meant it to be misinterpreted that way. I wasn't looking for a refund or a partial. I was only leaving reasons to my neg so she wouldn't have to wonder or ask me why. Her policy stated no refunds. Why would she make an exception for me? I never expected her to do so.

This was my only reason for contacting her in the first place when a problem arises for me. A nice apology about the shoes not cleaned before shipment would have greatly eased my frustration or owning up to a poorly packaged box. Seller just blamed someone else.
Then you completely went about it the wrong way. What you should have done is emailed the seller, let her know you weren't pleased with the condition and had to clean the shoes yourself. There would have been absolutely no reason (at that point) to mention feedback. Who explains a neg long before leaving it? You should have waited for her resolution offer and at that point, either accepted or rejected it.

As for her 'no refund policy," many sellers state that as a deterrent to buyers who consider them to be department stores. But most sellers I compare notes with accept returns if the buyer is reasonable. I know I do.

If the reason for return is my error, I cover all costs. If the buyer has either remorse or item isn't as expected but not due to listing error, she covers shipping in both directions. It's not a big deal and more than once, your seller offered to take the return.

Maybe I had misinterpreted the attitude or vibe I received from her 1st message. I found it rude, very negative and unprofessional. She doesn't want me to be satisfied. She just wants me to go away. Plus, telling me that there are other individuals interested in the item is like telling me, "your loss I can sell it to more deserving people". BTW, it is possible to photograph all visible flaws. All in all, I learned my lesson. I am not an unreasonable person. I am not a jerk who just gives away undeserving negs. I can be the nicest person in the world for those who get to know me and those that already do.

Thank you all for trying to understand me and for those who don't, I don't mind at all. I won't take it to heart.
How often do we say that tone, attitude, inflection and facial expressions are impossible to communicate via the internet?

She may have been a bit unprofessional (in your opinion) but she'd already bent over backwards for you and you still seemed to find something to complain about. (I've never done business with you -- not as buyer or seller -- but in this thread, you do come across as difficult. (And if that's the worst adjective used to describe you, count your blessings! Many of us have been described as worse.)

Lastly, did anyone look at the feedback the seller left for others?:lol::lol:
Did anyone look at the feedback the OP left for others?

I'm really sorry this transaction went down the way it did. I wouldn't send them back after putting money into getting them repaired. I think the silver lining is the lesson learned, KWIM?
I didn't get the impression that she paid for any repairs. I think she simply cleaned up the shoes.
Absolutely, then she will take the neg like the opinionated and unfair person that she is!:lol:
I disagree both that the seller is "opinionated and unfair" as well as disagreeing that the seller deserves a neg.

BB, prior to my post, some posters went thru the trouble at looking at the OP
feedback.
I looked at both.
The sellers left some incredible feedback,imo.

This is a subject, where we have to disagree. Different philosophy of life.
No right or wrong.

Except EBay states you cannot leave a negative statement in a positive feedback. The OP is fortunate that none of those buyers or sellers had the feedback removed and that she did not get sanctioned.
I hope the shoes end up being fine and that you can put this behind you. Many sellers are not professionals (small amount of feedback indicates this seller is a small one) and do not respond or list the way others may. She may have learned to put more information in her listings and to take better photos. I would think that would be far more productive than a neg.
JMHO

Except EBay states you cannot leave a negative statement in a positive feedback. The OP is fortunate that none of those buyers or sellers had the feedback removed and that she did not get sanctioned.
I hope the shoes end up being fine and that you can put this behind you. Many sellers are not professionals (small amount of feedback indicates this seller is a small one) and do not respond or list the way others may. She may have learned to put more information in her listings and to take better photos. I would think that would be far more productive than a neg.
JMHO

True, but the fact that the seller resorted to name calling the buyer speaks volume.
I understand that Ebay is not Nordstrom but it is never ok to call customers difficult. point blank period.
Whatever happened to being nice????

True, but the fact that the seller resorted to name calling the buyer speaks volume.
I understand that Ebay is not Nordstrom but it is never ok to call customers difficult. point blank period.
Whatever happened to being nice????

I was just stating the policies that EBay has regarding feedback. It had nothing to do with this seller, as the OP has not left FB yet. She has left negative statements in positive feedback for other transactions. I was just saying that she is fortunate that none of them were reported. I have seen others get sanctioned for it.

ETA Ooops, I see. You were referring to how the seller responded. Again, there are folks who do not respond as diplomatically as others. I do believe the seller is anxious and that may have affected her response. Not excusing anything, but trying to understand. I do not sell much at all and try to be as nice as possible. But, I imagine I might not be as delicate as I should be, if I were upset. lol

OP it seems both you & the seller seem to be frustrated about this transaction..

her description & the condition were misrepresented and she did not respond

to you in a manner that was respectful or professional....

you apparently like the shoes enough to have cleaned them up... unfortunately,

since you have done that would not think the seller should take them back even

though they look better & seller could probably sell them for more..

why not just chalk this up to a learning experience that sellers are just not as

diplomatic as we would like them to be at all times...and that is frustrating

if you feel like you want to leave her feedback as to how she misrepresented

the condition of the shoes, don't see anything wrong... her business tone

that's another story.... but why not just enjoy your shoes and move on...

I didn't think that a seller was allowed to mention anything about a dispute in their fb left for a buyer.

And I am not talking about the seller in this case. ;)