Possible neg? Opinions needed.

I see what looks like white tissue paper or something of that nature placed in the ball of foot area on the insoles, like she was trying to cover up something. Anyone else see this? I don't understand why some sellers don't clean the insoles of the shoes. I clean mine thoroughly before I post them for sell.

I see what looks like white tissue paper or something of that nature placed in the ball of foot area on the insoles, like she was trying to cover up something. Anyone else see this? I don't understand why some sellers don't clean the insoles of the shoes. I clean mine thoroughly before I post them for sell.

Oh wow you've got good eyes! I didn't even notice that!

It doesn't look as though anything is in the insoles to me (ie tissue paper)... the lighting and angle make it difficult to judge for sure. I see dirt in the heels around the logo. I see a scuff or scratch on the heel and stretching in the toebox. Is the dried food you're referring to in the very last photo of the listing?

In all honesty, I avoid listings like this unless I can get extremely detailed photos. The wear on the sole would have been enough to turn me off because in my experience, when they're that worn, there are probably lots of other issues as well. Did you request more detailed photos prior to bidding and buying?

I'm not saying that the seller is right to have packaged them poorly or that she was right in her description of them, but I would personally leave it be (leave no feedback at all) and just chalk it up to experience if you want to keep them. She isn't going to budge on her position and it seems like you aren't either, so I would just move on and not purchase from her again.

i don't see a point in her wanting to accept a return especially if you already had them cleaned. they are in a better condition then they were when she sent them to you :P

I didn't tell her yet that they've been cleaned. Plus, she doesn't want a neg. That's the only reason why she wants me to return the shoes so it doesn't affect her 100% FB.

SinceI've cleaned it, I did her job for her so I don't want to send them back to her. I've altered its original condition. ITA! They are in better condition than they were before.

It doesn't look as though anything is in the insoles to me (ie tissue paper)... the lighting and angle make it difficult to judge for sure. I see dirt in the heels around the logo. I see a scuff or scratch on the heel and stretching in the toebox. Is the dried food you're referring to in the very last photo of the listing?

In all honesty, I avoid listings like this unless I can get extremely detailed photos. The wear on the sole would have been enough to turn me off because in my experience, when they're that worn, there are probably lots of other issues as well. Did you request more detailed photos prior to bidding and buying?

I'm not saying that the seller is right to have packaged them poorly or that she was right in her description of them, but I would personally leave it be (leave no feedback at all) and just chalk it up to experience if you want to keep them. She isn't going to budge on her position and it seems like you aren't either, so I would just move on and not purchase from her again.

Thanks for your input indy. I highly appreciate it. I thought the photos and description had sufficed but I was wrong.

I plan on not purchasing from her again.

My opinion is going against the majority here.

There's no doubt the shoes were used and no doubt that even though the pictures are blurry, at least one of the pictures showed damage on the side of the sole and another a damaged sole. And in the description, the seller implied the rough shape in her "Pictures and Price Reflected."

But what bothers me most is your first message to the seller that specifically mention the "many reasons" for negging her.

She immediately responded that you could return the shoes for a refund. (And in fact, that message TWICE mentions to return for refund.

And again, you respond that you'd rather neg than return and lose money on shipping fees. (She never mentioned that she wouldn't reimburse shipping, but it seems you were intent on negging from the beginning.)

In both her messages, she said to return. What more can she do? And you still want to neg her?!?

I'm sorry based on this case, I don't think any feedback is appropriate. But negative feedback (or even neutral here) are inappropriate because the seller has done (or attempted to do everything right) and you aren't willing to take her up on her offer.

Either the shoes are good enough to keep, in which case there shouldn't have been mention (twice) of negging or they're not good enough to keep and you take the seller up on her offer to accept a return (an offer made three times in two messages).

If indeed you were offering constructive criticism to the seller about disclosure, feedback should never have been mentioned. In fact, you might find yourself in hot water should she report feedback extortion.

I'm sorry but I do think you're wrong.

My opinion is going against the majority here.

There's no doubt the shoes were used and no doubt that even though the pictures are blurry, at least one of the pictures showed damage on the side of the sole and another a damaged sole. And in the description, the seller implied the rough shape in her "Pictures and Price Reflected."

But what bothers me most is your first message to the seller that specifically mention the "many reasons" for negging her.

She immediately responded that you could return the shoes for a refund. (And in fact, that message TWICE mentions to return for refund.

And again, you respond that you'd rather neg than return and lose money on shipping fees. (She never mentioned that she wouldn't reimburse shipping, but it seems you were intent on negging from the beginning.)

In both her messages, she said to return. What more can she do? And you still want to neg her?!?

I'm sorry based on this case, I don't think any feedback is appropriate. But negative feedback (or even neutral here) are inappropriate because the seller has done (or attempted to do everything right) and you aren't willing to take her up on her offer.

Either the shoes are good enough to keep, in which case there shouldn't have been mention (twice) of negging or they're not good enough to keep and you take the seller up on her offer to accept a return (an offer made three times in two messages).

If indeed you were offering constructive criticism to the seller about disclosure, feedback should never have been mentioned. In fact, you might find yourself in hot water should she report feedback extortion.

I'm sorry but I do think you're wrong.
I agree BB. The shoes look disgusting in the pictures and I think you got what you paid for, sorry.

I am in no way trying to manipulate the situation nor extort the seller in any way. I just feel that this transaction has left something bitter in my mouth.

If I was left with a neg, I would like to know the reasons why. That's why I had contacted the seller in the first place before leaving my neg.

After the discoveries being found, I feel I will return the shoes. It will still leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Thanks for your opinion, BB.

People will view things differently. The shoes may looked really used and trashed to some, but to me, they looked like they were in good condition.

Thanks for your input indy. I highly appreciate it. I thought the photos and description had sufficed but I was wrong.

I plan on not purchasing from her again.

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't.

I think you bought those broken red Karey NP's from me off Ebay a while ago... those were also poorly described when I initially bought them and I was devastated when they arrived. Because of those shoes, I always ask extremely detailed questions about the condition if I have any concerns. Mind you, your Yoyos aren't broken but I would definitely take this as a lesson learned. IMO that description and those photos didn't sufficiently portray the shoes. :flowers:

Yeah, I definitely wouldn't.

I think you bought those broken red Karey NP's from me off Ebay a while ago... those were also poorly described when I initially bought them and I was devastated when they arrived. Because of those shoes, I always ask extremely detailed questions about the condition if I have any concerns. Mind you, your Yoyos aren't broken but I would definitely take this as a lesson learned. IMO that description and those photos didn't sufficiently portray the shoes. :flowers:

No I never purchased NP's from you before. But yeah, I will think twice before purchasing anything with little photos and little descriptions.

I'm completely with BeenBurned on this. Not everyone has the same idea of what needs to be described in the listing - for some people - like this seller - 'pre-owned' is enough. You could've messaged her for details before you purchased the shoes. While, I agree, the condition of shoes looks not that bad on the photos, she did offer a refund, I really don't think negative feedback is justified.

I tend to agree. To me, the photos were not good enough and the shoes looked very used. I feel like the seller is stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is nothing she can do to fix this and she is sitting there waiting for the neg to drop. I understand why the seller is trying to avoid it. One neg will pretty much destroy her stats.
If something is bad enough for me to neg, then it is bad enough for me to return, with very few exceptions.EBay states that FB is an opinion and you can leave whatever you feel is appropriate. I choose very carefully when I will leave a neg. If I am borderline, I just do not leave anything. I figure it is part of the cost of buying on EBay.

JMHO

If the shoes werent shipped in the best condition but it wasnt bad enough that you considered returning them i would leave her a neutral not a negative. The price of them clearly did reflect the price you paid.

Side note i would not return them, put some vibrams on them and strass away, those things will look amazing strassed