Possible neg? Opinions needed.

mizsunshyne

Mar 8, 2010
Good evening ladies!

I purchased a pair of shoes on fleabay, preowned. Received today, box half opened and the label was taped with regular table scotch tape while box had clear package tape. Beats me to why 2 different tapes were used.

Once box was opened, shoes were so dirty! I should've taken photos before I cleaned them. Insoles had chunks of dried sweat, scuff on heel, marks, slight tears on patent near toes and dried fruit on red soles near logo. I was so disgusted.

I messaged the seller letting her know the reasons to my neg FB as I am not looking to return them as I already cleaned them, and I wanted her to fully disclose things next time as advice. I am not fishing for any partials either as it was a definite steal for me already. I just wanted to leave my FB and move on.

Seller insisted that I return the shoes to her and she'll refund me and sell them off. She continues to insist that the box was packaged by her husband and that everything was disclosed in her listing i.e. preowned. I reread her listing twice and all it stated was "preowned". She even further stated that I was difficult to begin with as I gave her an offer which she changed her BIN to my asking price. If I was so difficult in the beginning, why did she go her way to sell the shoes to me? I even apologized before the sale that I made it difficult for her but she didn't know how to adjust the shipping costs, so I paid then told her to just refund me the overage to make her life easier.

Was I really difficult to work with? She accepted my offer on fleabay and I purchased it through fleabay. I just want to leave my honest opinion about this seller. She doesn't want me to leave her a neg but I feel like she deserves it at this rate. Any opinions are appreciated.

I don't want to do a return. I am just not happy with her description of a preowned pair of shoes and the fact that she retaliates me as being difficult for giving her good reasons for my displeasure.

Even if I do return the shoes, I still won't be happy in the end. I'll be better off with the shoes and leaving my FB than returning them.

I don't want my emotions to fuse with this transaction. My head says neutral but my impatience calls for neg.

I'm sorry but that just sounds spiteful to me.

She is offering to rectify since you are unhappy. What else can she do? If the shoes were that bad, I believe you'd return.

Please post the listing that way we can all take a look at the pics to see how badly the shoes were misrepresented.

I would really like to post the listing but those photos will not tell you anything. They just show 1 sole, 1 side of a shoe and the front at about a 45 degree angle above the floor.

I should have taken photos prior to cleaning them but I didn't.

I am not a spiteful person. I am reasonable and understanding. This is why I posted my issue here to get opinions.

I've already cleaned off the dried sweat, marks and fruit. All that is left is the scuffs on the heel and marks that already perforated the patent leather.

Ok. Well I still would like to see the listing honestly to see how the seller depicted them. It would be helpful, but it seems that you don't want to post it. So all I can give is my opinion based solely on what you yourself have provided. That said, the seller attempted to rectify. Who knows if she blatantly misrepresented the shoes, as we cannot see the listing. She may not have, and was trying to remedy the situation by offering a return. IMHO refusing a return and still leaving a negative is not proper, but that's just me.

Also, I want to add for the sake of clarification, and seeing as there is no tone nor voice inflection in text, that I am not trying to put you down or say you're being a jerk; it's just truly my God's honest opinion. I personally like you and your posts. :flowers:

The only reason why I want to leave a neg is her attitude towards me.

Here's the listing:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Here are her messages through fleabay system:
xxx,

I have disclosed Everything. U cannot take a pic of every mark on preowned shoes. Return the shoes. U were very difficult to work with from the beginning. I am an honest seller and buyer on eBay if u read all my feedback. I would rather u just return the shoes so u r happy
xxx
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: xxxx
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: xxxsent a message about NUDE YOYO LOUBOUTINS xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent Date: Jan-03-12 17:07:45 PST

Dear xxxx,

I'd rather leave the neg than lose money on return shipping fees. I understand what preowned means but you should have disclosed it.

To: xxxx
Subject: Re: Item I received is not as described: xxxxx sent a message about NUDE YOYO LOUBOUTINS #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent Date: Jan-03-12 17:03:28 PST

Dear xxxx,

Return the shoes. My husband packed them. Just return the shoes. I told u that they were indeed preowned. Return the shoes and I will give u refund. There r many more interested parties

To: xxxxxxx
Subject: Item I received is not as described: xxxx sent a message about NUDE YOYO LOUBOUTINS #xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent Date: Jan-03-12 17:01:06 PST

Dear xxxxx,
Upon receiving the package, I am less than impressed with the taping. Box was halfway opened and label was taped with ordinary scotch tape. The shoes weren't even cleaned per eBay policy, and there are marks and a scuff you failed to mention in your listing. These reasons alone give me enough to leave you negative feedback.

xxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I do understand what you are trying to say jenay. I do not take any offense to it or take it to heart. I am just saying I am not that type of person.

I think you are an asset to PF and I think highly of you and your opinions.

However, if you had seen the shoes, you'd be pretty disgusted and disappointed as well. I already cleaned them to my liking. All is well for me except the seller.

In all honesty, she should at least be happy I contacted her first before leaving any FB.

^Tore back? I don't understand.

I do notice the imperfection on one of the photos and I was okay with it.

At this rate, seller won't be getting a positive. Right now, I don't feel justified to give her a neg either. I think I will just leave her a neutral.

i don't see a point in her wanting to accept a return especially if you already had them cleaned. they are in a better condition then they were when she sent them to you :P