Possible fake sighting in UK TABLOID!!!!

nickkyvintage

Bag Pervert!
O.G.
Feb 25, 2006
Well after the SF sighting a few weeks ago, ive been eagle-eyed ever since.

Spotted this in todays The Sun Tabloid in the UK.

I promptly cut it out and scanned it in so you guys can have a look see. Read the article. Its a little weird, i thought that if you were stealing all that money you'd buy some genuine bags?? Unless im confused are they are real (apologies if im wrong)

My worry is the MC Pap, i didnt think they made these?? and the colours look off. Also the one rivet on the corner of the cherry blossom bag.

Any advice. The article dosnt state if those are her actual bags, but surely the paper should have done a little more research??

is it worth sending them an e-mail again??

Nick x

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1355/533420001_b485c48ef5_b.jpg

The MC pap is def a fake! At first because I read somewhere that there are no MC paps, and then because the colour of the "flower" in top right of the LVs is the same as the LVs.... so....
I don't know about the other two bags.. But possibly those pictures were from archive, cause I don't think the woman would let them take pictures of her bags and stuff... It's a tabloid afterall....

All fake. I love how the article says that the boutiques would shut their doors for her, allowing her to shop in privacy. Yeah right...unless by "boutique" they mean "hidden back room in Chinatown curio shop". Those places will shut the doors behind you for sure!

lol @ ArmCandyLuvr you're so right!!!!!

They most probably are archive, and The Sun probably dont care. Its such a shame that they try to market fakes as the real thing, but most of the ppl that read the sun probably cant tell the difference! Maybe i raise the demographic??? I dunno, ill read anything.

All fake. I love how the article says that the boutiques would shut their doors for her, allowing her to shop in privacy. Yeah right...unless by "boutique" they mean "hidden back room in Chinatown curio shop". Those places will shut the doors behind you for sure!

I hate to be a jerk here and I know I'm deviating from the point, but I'm kind of offended by that statement about it being hidden in a Chinatown shop. I know that some stores may have fake goods and sometimes they are found in chinatown, but your placing a huge stereotype on it. I've seen fake designer bags being sold everywhere, not just Chinatown shops. So me being Chinese, this kind of offends me. I'm sure it wasn't your intention in the first place, but I just wanted to let you know that fake designer labels and Chinese shops don't always go hand in hand.

I hate to be a jerk here and I know I'm deviating from the point, but I'm kind of offended by that statement about it being hidden in a Chinatown shop. I know that some stores may have fake goods and sometimes they are found in chinatown, but your placing a huge stereotype on it. I've seen fake designer bags being sold everywhere, not just Chinatown shops. So me being Chinese, this kind of offends me. I'm sure it wasn't your intention in the first place, but I just wanted to let you know that fake designer labels and Chinese shops don't always go hand in hand.
I apologize for offending you. I certainly didn't mean to imply that all the shops in Chinatown sell fakes, or that all Chinese are involved in the fake trade. I should have chosen my words more carefully. Again, I am sorry. :flowers:

I have sent an email to the reporter who wrote that article it goes:-

I just wanted to let you know every bag pictured in this article was fake, I strongly doubt that this women was given "the princess diana treatment" with shops closing the door as these are not available for purchase in the boutiques. For example the Mulitcolour Papillion (barrel shaped bag) shown in the first picture was never made and can not be special ordered.
I found it quite disheartening that you report these bags as being authentic when they are clearly fakes. I would be happy to discuss this further with you should you require it.