Possible ebay scammer of chloe bag

oggers86

Dec 7, 2008
I recently posted up a link to a "whiskey" paddington bag on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220469271779&fromMakeTrack=true

Lescoy suggested more pics so off i went to the seller, numerous emails asking for extra pics and how id really appreciate it if i got them bla bla...

Anyway, seller responds back not knowing what the date tag/serial tag is and how theres already pics in daylight to see natural colour..funny though the bag almost looks tangerine in photos...

Added to that a suspicious second listing, different paddington but with almost identical sentences..so enough to put me off bidding..

In the end it was bid on and someone bought it...

Seller has now relisted...bit dodgy or maybe im just suspicious..

So i emailed saying oh i see youve relisted, any reason why and could i have those extra pics...

Lets see if she responds :graucho:

What's also suspicious is, if she doesn't know what a serial/datecode tab is, why she says in her auction:

'A unique serial number is on the inside pocket.'

I'd steer well clear! :yes:

Yeh i think its very odd, whats concerning me is that shes using the same photos of one bag, selling it but then shipping off numerous fakes...i have a very strong feeling she wont get back to anybody about photos, she seems very uncooperative, which again leads me to believe shes doing something wrong!! Having been a seller of a bag in the past i made sure i stated that extra photos could be provided, it takes about 5 minutes and if youre trying to sell a real bag then in my opinion its up to the seller to keep the buyer happy and assure them that its real!! :shrugs:

I contacted eBay to tell them the text had been copied from another listing and I suspected this seller was a fraud because the same listing re-appeared many times after it had been won, and they replied with this message:

Thank you for taking the time to report about the handbag listing (item
no. 220469271779) that may be in breach of eBay policy. I take this
opportunity to assist you with this.

I reviewed the listing and found that it actually belongs to a third
party. In such case, we recommend you to inform the original owner of
that listing about the potential violation and ask them to write to us.
It is possible that the owner might have given the rights to the other
member to use the text/image. The owner may be able to provide some more
evidence to us which will help us to investigate further. Also,

We appreciate your concern and we thank you for helping us to keep eBay
a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,

Terry Aldridge
eBay Trust & Safety

Aaaaargh, AS IF I have to do eBay's dirty work for them. I have contacted the owner of the listing, but I really don't think it should be my responsibility to do so. The truth is eBay makes a lot of money from the sale of counterfeits, so no wonder they are making it so difficult to get a fraudulent listing removed. :cursing:

I contacted eBay to tell them the text had been copied from another listing and I suspected this seller was a fraud because the same listing re-appeared many times after it had been won, and they replied with this message:

Thank you for taking the time to report about the handbag listing (item
no. 220469271779) that may be in breach of eBay policy. I take this
opportunity to assist you with this.

I reviewed the listing and found that it actually belongs to a third
party. In such case, we recommend you to inform the original owner of
that listing about the potential violation and ask them to write to us.
It is possible that the owner might have given the rights to the other
member to use the text/image. The owner may be able to provide some more
evidence to us which will help us to investigate further. Also,

We appreciate your concern and we thank you for helping us to keep eBay
a safe and reputable place to buy and sell.

Kind regards,

Terry Aldridge
eBay Trust & Safety

Aaaaargh, AS IF I have to do eBay's dirty work for them. I have contacted the owner of the listing, but I really don't think it should be my responsibility to do so. The truth is eBay makes a lot of money from the sale of counterfeits, so no wonder they are making it so difficult to get a fraudulent listing removed. :cursing:

I know - what's stopping eBay from contacting the original seller and asking them, themselves? :shrugs:

They could always use one of their notorious 'standard messages', after all, so it needn't take any time:

'It has come to our attention that another seller (insert seller name here) may be using photos in a listing (insert auction number here) that were originally listed in an auction of yours.

If that is acceptable to you and you gave them permission to do so (or if they are, in fact, not your photos), please ignore this email.

If it is not acceptable and/or you did not give them permission, please click 'respond' and enter any further details.'

Last edited:
Yeh i think its very odd, whats concerning me is that shes using the same photos of one bag, selling it but then shipping off numerous fakes...i have a very strong feeling she wont get back to anybody about photos, she seems very uncooperative, which again leads me to believe shes doing something wrong!! Having been a seller of a bag in the past i made sure i stated that extra photos could be provided, it takes about 5 minutes and if youre trying to sell a real bag then in my opinion its up to the seller to keep the buyer happy and assure them that its real!! :shrugs:
The listing is gone now. This is a very well known scam, picturing a real bag and sending out fakes (or no bag at all). There is another thread here about a guy in the UK doing this with LOTS of Chanels.