positive experience at apple store

lucretias

I am the one that I want!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
given that people have had some bad shopping experiences lately I thought I would share a positive.

went to apple to see about getting a new battery for 5 yrs old macbook. the guy at the apple store, suggested I visit the genius bar to make sure it was jsut a batter issue.

when i went for my appt, they did the diagnostics, but while the guy worked on it he noticed some chipping of the inside of the case (which honestly, I hadn't even noticed!) and said it could be repaired free of charge as it was a defect on apple's part and they could get it fixed within a hour.

I cam back an hour later and it was beautifully fixed with a new apple macbook smell. When I went to pay for the battery, which was not stated to be free, they said there was no charge. I said "huh?" and that there must be some mistake. they said regardless, if it was, it would be their fault and not to worry about it.

I cam out with a macbook that looked better than when it came in and a new battery and it was all free! My mac looks and works beautifully now!
:yahoo:

Me too!
My warranty on my Mac book expired in June but my computer was having problems this week. I had to go into wipe my whole comp and reboot it. The next day it wouldn't turn on. I went in figuring they were gonna tell me I needed a new hard drive. They did, but the genius was magically and said they would waive the $140 charge and they replace my hard drive for free!
I looooove apple :smile:

I always have the most positive experience whenever I go into the Mac store. I don't think I have ever had to pay for anything, regardless of having up to date Apple Care or not. It makes sense because I keep buying Apple products and tell all my friends about my experiences with their products and service.

This is good to hear, my PC is slowly dying and I will be buying a MacBook soon. It's good to know Apple CS is there if something goes wrong - plus Macs seem to last longer and stay fast for years.

I always have a positive experience in apple stores....and I love the computers. I've had my macbook for 5 years and it still runs fine, I just left it unplugged too long and now my battery won't charge, but I have an iMac too and it's fabulous for what I do so I love it.

In August 2009 I bought a Macbook and a case for it - 6 months later the case split and I decided to take it in to see if I could swap it for another (I really wasn't expecting anything 6 months later!) Turns out the new generation of macbooks came out and they no longer carried the size for my computer BUT they refunded my money anyway! They are a profit hungry company (like most) but I will definitely continue to purchase from them because they did this for me.

I tell people Mac products are expensive in the beginning, but you get your moneys worth in the long run - the customer service alone is PRICELESS...

The staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and all around cool people.

Funny story: I was in the Apple store recently and a guy came in fuming. He said he was on the phone with Dell customer service rep located in India for 2 hours. He finally just gave up, headed to the Apple store and got a new MacBook Pro and then screamed "Dell is Hell" :roflmfao::lolots:

Funny story: I was in the Apple store recently and a guy came in fuming. He said he was on the phone with Dell customer service rep located in India for 2 hours. He finally just gave up, headed to the Apple store and got a new MacBook Pro and then screamed "Dell is Hell" :roflmfao::lolots:

I can fully collaborate his "Dell is Hell" with CS in India complaint.

No issues with my iPod or iPhone.

The apple store in ABQ sucks - you get treated like a moron from the second you walk in the door and the employees have zero interest in helping you with your existing product, especially if it is a couple of generations old.