positive experience at apple store

lucretias

I am the one that I want!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
Hampton, Virginia
given that people have had some bad shopping experiences lately I thought I would share a positive.

went to apple to see about getting a new battery for 5 yrs old macbook. the guy at the apple store, suggested I visit the genius bar to make sure it was jsut a batter issue.

when i went for my appt, they did the diagnostics, but while the guy worked on it he noticed some chipping of the inside of the case (which honestly, I hadn't even noticed!) and said it could be repaired free of charge as it was a defect on apple's part and they could get it fixed within a hour.

I cam back an hour later and it was beautifully fixed with a new apple macbook smell. When I went to pay for the battery, which was not stated to be free, they said there was no charge. I said "huh?" and that there must be some mistake. they said regardless, if it was, it would be their fault and not to worry about it.

I cam out with a macbook that looked better than when it came in and a new battery and it was all free! My mac looks and works beautifully now!
:yahoo:

stephc005

O.G.
Aug 7, 2008
MD
apple definitely has the best CS IMO- not just their retail stores but even their CS number is the best over the phone help i've ever had.

Mar 3, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
Me too!
My warranty on my Mac book expired in June but my computer was having problems this week. I had to go into wipe my whole comp and reboot it. The next day it wouldn't turn on. I went in figuring they were gonna tell me I needed a new hard drive. They did, but the genius was magically and said they would waive the $140 charge and they replace my hard drive for free!
I looooove apple :smile:

juicygrl41

Feb 14, 2008
NYC
I always have the most positive experience whenever I go into the Mac store. I don't think I have ever had to pay for anything, regardless of having up to date Apple Care or not. It makes sense because I keep buying Apple products and tell all my friends about my experiences with their products and service.

ipudgybear

Jan 23, 2010
I agree, Apple has some of the best CS out there. When my iPod died they helped me fix it and replaced it with no charge and I think the warranty was expired too.

wildcherry21

♥
May 4, 2010
Chicago, IL
This is good to hear, my PC is slowly dying and I will be buying a MacBook soon. It's good to know Apple CS is there if something goes wrong - plus Macs seem to last longer and stay fast for years.

seaotta

Oct 21, 2008
Seattle
I always have a positive experience in apple stores....and I love the computers. I've had my macbook for 5 years and it still runs fine, I just left it unplugged too long and now my battery won't charge, but I have an iMac too and it's fabulous for what I do so I love it.

alouette

What the VEEP?
Nov 28, 2006
at CrossFit
We have been Apple fans for quite some time. Don't think I'll ever go back to a PC again unless it's a dire emergency.

Beach Bum

O.G.
Feb 17, 2006
Apple rules.the CS there surpasses any I have encountered! They have replaced my MacBook case twice and always for free

olialm1

windy city
Dec 12, 2008
Chicago
In August 2009 I bought a Macbook and a case for it - 6 months later the case split and I decided to take it in to see if I could swap it for another (I really wasn't expecting anything 6 months later!) Turns out the new generation of macbooks came out and they no longer carried the size for my computer BUT they refunded my money anyway! They are a profit hungry company (like most) but I will definitely continue to purchase from them because they did this for me.

DC-Cutie

O.G.
Oct 19, 2006
in the store....
I tell people Mac products are expensive in the beginning, but you get your moneys worth in the long run - the customer service alone is PRICELESS...

The staff is always friendly, knowledgeable and all around cool people.

Funny story: I was in the Apple store recently and a guy came in fuming. He said he was on the phone with Dell customer service rep located in India for 2 hours. He finally just gave up, headed to the Apple store and got a new MacBook Pro and then screamed "Dell is Hell" :roflmfao::lolots:

Moon2020

Out Shopping
Sep 10, 2010
Sunny Florida
Funny story: I was in the Apple store recently and a guy came in fuming. He said he was on the phone with Dell customer service rep located in India for 2 hours. He finally just gave up, headed to the Apple store and got a new MacBook Pro and then screamed "Dell is Hell" :roflmfao::lolots:
I can fully collaborate his "Dell is Hell" with CS in India complaint.

No issues with my iPod or iPhone.

nooch

Judge Roughneck
Apr 25, 2008
The apple store in ABQ sucks - you get treated like a moron from the second you walk in the door and the employees have zero interest in helping you with your existing product, especially if it is a couple of generations old.